RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 26th, 2014, 08:39 PM
mattp@interakt.net.au

Since upgrading to CommitCRM 7.0, we've noticed that tickets disappear from the inbox randomly when they are clicked on. We have not been able to find a consistent pattern to this, however when clicking through the list of tickets sitting in the inbox to preview the latest action on each ticket, as you click on to the next consecutive ticket, the previous one disappears from the inbox. It is still in the ticket queue and can be sent back to the inbox, but is causing consultants to miss new items. This is happening for all users. Has anyone else experienced this?

February 27th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

What you described sounds like another user removed the Ticket from Inbox while you were viewing the Inbox. As a result the list was refreshed and the Ticket disappeared from your view.

Please note that Ticket may be removed from Inbox by dragging Ticket line to the one of the statuses on the left panel. If this is a case - you will find audit records about status change under Ticket History.

If you or any other user will experience the same again, please try to find the Ticket under Open or All Tickets and look at its last update date and user under Notes tab.
Hopefully this will help to understand what happened to the Ticket.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

March 6th, 2014, 07:36 PM
asb924

Hi Guys,

100% there is an issue with the new version here.
We have been using commit with multiple technicians in the inbox for years now.
Since the 7.0 upgrade we have had numerous tickets removed from the inbox automatically.
We have watched this happen, there were three technicians on our help desk, and one tech was in the inbox. Right clicked and removed one ticket, and the other dissapeared.
the other 2 tech (myself and the other) weren't even in the inbox.
100% there is issues here.
It need investigation.

Thanks

Ashley

March 7th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Support Team

Each Ticket lists the name of the last user updated the record and when it was updated on. Please have a look there, maybe someone has nonetheless updated it when it got "removed" from the Inbox.

In any case, please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP and Outlook to email us your RangerMSP log files for review, maybe something is logged there...

Thanks.

March 8th, 2014, 07:16 PM
asb924

Didn't know that was updated in that spot when removing tickets form the inbox, will keep an eye on it.
When I try to send the logs it errors saying that the file it too big.
Can I send you the logs manually from the server? Where are they stored.

March 9th, 2014, 05:33 PM
asb924

Here are our logs.
Please let us know.
<link to logs - removed>

March 10th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

We reviewed the logs, but didn't find any error or something that may explain what caused the tickets to be removed from the Inbox.
Do you have any third party or custom developed applications that access RangerMSP database?

Please keep an eye on it and in case it will happen again - send us screenshots of Ticket's Notes tab with last update date and user information.

March 10th, 2014, 05:15 PM
asb924

Hi,

Thanks for reviewing the logs.
We have interlink, that's about it.
When I notice it happen again, I will let you know.

Thanks

Ashley

March 10th, 2014, 09:25 PM
skidmarx101

Hi,

I can confirm this issue. We're using version 7 and I started using the inbox this week.

I've noticed if you very carefully click between tickets in the inbox they are fine, but if you start clicking normally they get removed. I think the click/drag sensitivity is wrong so its detecting the click as a click+drag which then removes from the inbox.

It makes the inbox unusable.

Cheers,
James

March 11th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Thank you guys!

James mentioned something about dragging and we have finally managed to reproduce this issue - indeed even the slightest drag / drop of a Ticket might remove it from the Inbox.

We will fix it and release the patch with this fix.

March 11th, 2014, 10:05 PM
asb924

Thanks guys.
I actually just replicated this also and was going to reply.
I right clicked on a ticket, then clicked away as I changed my mind and it disappeared.
How long do you think this patch is going to take, its causing us huge dramas.
Ashley
P.S thanks for your assistance with this.

March 12th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Thank you for additional info.

We are working on fixing this issue and few other things and the patch will be available later today or early tomorrow.

March 13th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Hi guys,

We are happy to inform you that a new version of RangerMSP 7.0 (7.007) is ready and available for downloading from here (download the upgrade program and run it, it will take you from you current 7.0xx version and to the latest 7.007).

This version includes the fix related to the removing Tickets from Inbox issue you reported about, as well as some other fixes/improvements.

March 14th, 2014, 01:20 AM
asb924

Hi guys,

Have just done our patch and are happy to say this is fixed.
Thanks heaps :)

Ashley

March 14th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Great! Thanks for the update.