RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 28th, 2008, 04:36 AM
brills

Hello,

When we log into the web interface, it launches a new window.

How can we modify the CommitCRM web interface settings to force that window to launch in full screen (maximized) view?

Thank you,
Brian

September 29th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Support Team

Hi Brian,

The window size is determined in the java script code which triggers the window. In case you embed the login page in your own Web site, you have control of this code, so you can modify the size as you wish. When embedding the login page into your Web site, you should copy the code from the readme.txt file (located at <server>\RangerMSP\WebInterface), as instructed in the readme in the "embedding" explanation. In this code you can find a script part, and in the script, look for the "width" and "height" setting.

I hope this helps.

Ethan

June 10th, 2009, 06:53 AM
plevako

is there any way not to use popup window but open database in the same window?

June 10th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Support Team

Hi plevako,

You can use the Web Interface either via the main login page which is provided with the system, or embed the login code within your own Web site. I know that when embedding the code in your own Web site, it is possible to manipulate the code to open it in the same window. This is not something we recommend on doing but I know users have done this before...

Ethan

June 10th, 2009, 09:38 AM
lpopejoy

I don't think it is officially supported, but it is possible to remove that annoying popup stuff. ...And give people the standard browser interface (not toolbars removed, etc)...

I've done it, as have others. I forget how, but if you can't figure it out, search the forum or post back and I can tell you.

Luke

June 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
plevako

Thank you guys for replies.
Ipopejoy, may i have a look at your login page implemention? I mean, just give me an url and i'll look into the soucre code? Hope this will give me a hint. Ty

June 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
lpopejoy

Sry, the way I have my URL setup you would not be able to look at the source for that particular part. Only after a successful login can you actually see the url...

Anway, the answer is to go to your CommitCRM install folder and go to webinterface and find the file called cmtcustlogin.html.

In the line that says " <FORM name="CmtForm" target="CmtNewWindow" method="post" action="http://yoururl" onSubmit="return CmtCheckInput()">" remove the target="CmtNewWindow".

Now go to line 36 and find the line that says "aNewWin = window.open("","CmtNewWindow","toolbar=0,menubar=0 ,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,status=1,directories=0"+ aWinSize);". put a // in front of the aNewWin to comment it out. This will prevent a popup window. Also put a // in front of aWinSize and aNewWin.

That did the trick for me. You will have to do similar things to the other html pages that the user is direted to on logout and incorrect username/password.

Luke

September 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
leisser

Hello everyone

after making few changes, I got the final results, this works great with all browsers including IE8, change all the parts that says: CHANGE THIS URL FOR .... for your url depends what you need to show on the page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
function CmtCheckInput()

{

if (document.forms["CmtForm"].CmtUsrNamePrm.value=="" )

{

alert('Please enter your user name');

document.forms["CmtForm"].CmtUsrNamePrm.focus();

return false;

}

else if (document.forms["CmtForm"].CmtUsrPWPrm.value=="")

{

alert('Please enter your password');

document.forms["CmtForm"].CmtUsrPWPrm.focus();

return false;

}

else

{
return true;

}

}

function cmtLogin()

{

if (CmtCheckInput())

{

document.forms["CmtForm"].submit();

document.forms["CmtForm"].CmtUsrPWPrm.value = "";

}

}
// ]]></script>
<p style="text-align: left;">This section is for our existing customers either on a support contract or requiring ad-hoc support.</p>
<p style="text-align: left;"><br />Please use the "<a href="CHANGE THIS FOR YOUR SUPPORT FORM URL">Request Support</a>" form to request a callout or other support.<br /><br />Please use "<a href="CHANGE THIS FOR YOUR REMOTE SUPPORT PAGE">Remote Support</a>" when instructed to do so by a technician.<br /><br />If you need Telephone support please "<a href="CHANGE THIS FOR THE CONTACT PAGE OF YOUR SITE URL">Contact Us</a>"</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">If you don't remember your login information, please contact us, and we will assist you.</p>
<form id="CmtForm" action="http://YOUR COMMIT IP ADDRESS SERVER:4961" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" method="post">
<table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>User Name:</td>
<td><input id="CmtUsrNamePrm" name="CmtUsrNamePrm" type="text" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Password:</td>
<td><input id="CmtUsrPWPrm" name="CmtUsrPWPrm" type="password" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td><input onclick="cmtLogin()" type="button" value="Login" /></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</form>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------