RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
PowerOn

How do I create a custom e-mail that will also send a copy of the service ticket as a PDF attachment?

Currently I have created a custom email template that has a thank you note and a link to our survey website. However, I have to manually attach the service ticket doing it this way. Is there a way to make CommitCRM send my custom email message with the service ticket already attached?

Thanks

September 13th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Support Team

PowerOn,

Yes, this is possible :-)

Here's how you can do it:

1. In the Tickets list select the Ticket that you wish to email.
2. From the Tickets Window toolbar select the arrow right to the Print to PDF icon drop-down.
3. A list of PDF templates (reports) is displayed. Select the PDF format you wish to use.
4. A window is opened, select to send the PDF by email option, and select the Email Template you wish to use for the email body.
Here's a sample of how the window should look like:

Done! A PDF will be attached to an email, the email body will be taken from the selected Email Template, while the PDF attachment will be based on the format you selected when initiating the Print to PDF option.

Note: If you're using RangerMSP Email Connector make sure the email is sent to the Connector' public email address, and not directly to the customer.

Hope this helps!

Bracha