RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

June 14th, 2019, 05:35 AM
jeremylh

I know that it has been discussed multiple times but is inventory still even being considered by Commit? My company would love to see some kind of inventory in CommitCRM. We have multiple vans and warehouses. Quickbooks just is not good enough. Any thoughts?

June 14th, 2019, 07:11 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. We do evaluate this from time to time, but to most people what QuickBooks offers is reasonable, not saying it's perfect or anything. Then, in QuickBooks you handle purchases from vendors and it is the most intuitive way to have this update inventory balances unlike documenting the vendor invoice there and again updating the item quantities in RangerMSP. From another angle, consuming an inventory Item in RangerMSP, as part of a Charge, that hasn't yet invoiced to QuickBooks wouldn't affect it in QuickBooks (until invoiced). This isn't to say we won't implement it, but rather that it involves many different challenges to make it right where different users may expect it to work differently. What are the main drawbacks for you specific use case with QuickBooks Inventory?

June 14th, 2019, 01:14 PM
aaspeer

+1000000 from me on this, would love at least a counting feature - we have this, and we have sold that so you have x left.

June 14th, 2019, 02:30 PM
jeremylh

Van or vehicle inventory would be great. Quickbooks is not very detailed. Plus it would be nice for techs to see active inventory if someone in the field might have the part they need.

August 29th, 2019, 03:50 PM
racassel

We use an invoice in Quickbooks for items that are commonly carried on truck or in vehicle.
Tech's check in every Friday and we count their stock. Usually just a couple of routers, power supplies, cables adapters and the like. When an item is sold from their stock, it is removed from their invoice and placed on the customers invoice. If it's missing.... or ...lost.... they have to pay for it. It's not the best system, but it holds them accountable, and as a result, nothing seems to go missing anymore. I can check the all the tech's inventory on hand with a report for real-time stock. I'm not sure if marking the invoice as PENDING has an effect on in-stock items in Quickbooks, but it might be a solution for multiple warehouses as a work around.