RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 17th, 2018, 12:19 PM
keiermann

We currently are running CommitCRM 18.0.0.2 and would like to reduce the number of active contracts we have.
Is it possible to set-up a "General" contract with several different services within it.
General Contract
Tech1 Service
Tech2 Service
Networking
etc.,

Each type of service would have a different charge for that service.
When a tech records their hours they could select the "General" contract and basically a drop-down would appear and they could choose what service they performed for that client.
We currently have separate contracts for each service and would like to reduce the number of contracts by incorporating the different services within that contract.

October 18th, 2018, 06:18 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Sure, what you describe can be implemented without creating several Contracts for a customer.
For each service you provide you should create a Labor Item, using the main Items window.
You can also create Expense and Products Items (for example, to bill the customers for parking or parts you supply).

When adding a Labor Item you select whether the Item price will be 'by Employee Rate' (i.e. taken from the rate set for each Employee under their Employee tab) or Fixed Price (i.e. set at the Item level):

In addition, if you charge different customers differently, you can set custom prices for such items - i.e. configure different prices/rates for them at the customer Account level using the Account's Custom Pricing tab.

As for the multiple Contracts that probably you've added for Accounts - you can set the redundant Contracts' status to 'Completed' in order to hide them from selection lists.
You can also delete such Contacts - but only in case no Tickets or Charges have been added under them yet.

Please find the following Wiki articles to learn more about the features listed above:

Using Items
Custom Pricing
Employee Hourly Labor Rates

Hope this helps.

October 22nd, 2018, 09:40 AM
keiermann

Thank you for your reply.
I created a General Contract for a Test Company where I wish to have
Tech1
Tech2 and
Network services under that contract.
I did create a new Labor Item and saved it for the General Contract but when adding time as an employee for the test company, it does not display the different labor items under the general contract.
If you could please advise.

Thank you,
Kendra L. Eiermann

October 22nd, 2018, 11:47 AM
Support Team

The entire Items list should be accessible even in cases that the Item is not allowed for the Contract - in that case, when selected - a message will be displayed to the user explaining that they cannot use it.

Maybe it's a refresh issue, maybe restart the RangerMSP session you test with.
Also note that in the Item selection dropdown there are TWO buttons that opens the dropdown. The first is a single arrow dropdown - this lists ALL items, the one next to it - a double arrow dropdown, only display recent Items, so it's possible that not all Items are displayed under the Recently Used Items, in that case try the single arrow dropdown button.

Hope this helps.

October 24th, 2018, 08:42 AM
keiermann

Thank you, I do understand what you mean and I can see all of the items to select from when creating the contract.
However when I am trying to add a new "labor" charge as an employee would add for the school they have serviced, the list of services that I have added for the General Contract does not appear when using CCRM through the website interface, only the contract, no services to choose from.

I have a screen shot to display for better clarification but cannot attach.

Thank you,
Kendra

October 24th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Support Team

Thank you for your reply and update. First, maybe try to restart the Web interface (service or IIS, the one you use) so things will get fully refreshed. In case this persists please email us a screenshot at Support@ and we will continue from there.

November 7th, 2018, 09:26 AM
keiermann

I did want to reach out again regarding the contracts that we currently are using in CommitCRM.
We currently have at least 6 different contracts per client and would like to reduce that number to 2 contracts with several items within the contract that the technicians can choose from.
Can we roll-over the hours in the current contracts to the new contract so we can then close out the old contracts and begin using the new contract?
I'm just beginning this process and may not be explaining it exactly as needed as I am trying to understand the best way to proceed.

Thank you,
Kendra L. Eiermann

November 7th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Support Team

Reducing the number of contracts per customer, if possible, may definitely be useful.
Rolling over hours from one contract to another isn't possible, though you'll implement that switch once, so while this may require tedious work, it'll be implemented once.
Before you perform the change I encourage you to wait a few more days as version 20 is being released these days and it also includes a new recurring charges feature that may (or may not) further assist in simplifying this.

Hope this helps!

November 19th, 2018, 10:40 AM
keiermann

Thank you for your reply. We will be upgrading to version 20 after the release.
Just to make clear on what you refer to tedious work regarding rolling over hours to a new contract.
I did review how I believe this needs to be done, which is tedious but wanted to post my steps to make sure I am not adding anything or perhaps doing something incorrect.
Here are the steps I would take:
1. Open a customer account
2. Select charges
3. Highlight each charge, (one by one) right click and select copy.
4. A new labor charge pop-up will appear with the charges and date, however you can then select a different contract.
5. Once that new labor charge is added with the new contract, delete the original labor charge under the old contract.

Is this correct?

Thank you,
Kendra

November 19th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Support Team

Thank you for posting.

Well, this is one way to do it but I think that most overage charges should be moved to the other contract unlike copying - and this requires less steps - click the pencil-icon to enter Edit mode and pick another Contract. Save.

Hope this helps!

November 21st, 2018, 07:03 AM
keiermann

Well thank-you, so glad I reached out.

Best,
Kendra