RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

November 26th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Lampson_sec

I'm trying to use a monitoring platform to validate successful logins to the CommitCRM web interface.

We have had issues where the login page displays (so a regular WEB PAGE check never reports a failure), but the login fails, and the web interface needs a restart to fix the problem.

I've tried supplying BASIC HTML authentication, but the page does not appear to accept it.

Do you know if there is a way I can verify (via script, CURL or HTTP POST or HEADERS) to validate the web interface is functioning?

Thanks!

November 27th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. From our experience, in most cases a problem logging into the Web Interface may be related to a hosting server reboot where the Web Interface failed to load properly - for example, if you use the SQL backend, that the Web interface uses, and the Web component tried to load before the SQL component has.
We recommend that you configure the Web Interface Windows service - OR - Microsoft IIS (The one you use) with 'Automatic Delayed Startup' (under the service properties) in order for it to start after the SQL backend started.

Please give it a try and should it be required please email us your RangerMSP log files for our review.

November 30th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Lampson_sec

It's not a frequent issue.

My main concern is I want to be pro-active on checking that it is working.

I have some CUSTOMERS that use commitCRM, and we monitor their infrastructure as part of our managed services.

We've had occasion where our WEB CHECK for the COMMIT CRM web portal is still coming back "OK" but logins are failing. (I've seen this on our server 1 or 2 times).

This is not a FREQUENT issue, but in order to be proactive I'd like to have a test procedure that is regularly LOGGING into the CommitCRM web portal and validating that is is able to successfully authenticate.

Can this not be accomplished?

December 3rd, 2018, 06:12 AM
Support Team

Monitoring that the service is up (or IIS) is possible, though checking whether the specific login-system is functional is not something that you probably do without attempting to log in - and this is probably a wrong approach to this.

Once the 'RangerMSP Web Interface' service or an IIS application is running, users should be able to log in, and as you wrote that's usually the case.

Logins may fail despite the Web interface up when the Web interface (Microsoft IIS or the Windows Service) was disconnected from the database backend - or in case the server restarted and the Web interface loaded before the SQL database has - for this please verify the Web interface service - or IIS - are configured with Delayed Start, making sure the database engine loads first.

Besides, in case it happens again please share RangerMSP's log us with us for review.

Hope this helps.