RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
raymond

is there a way to insert date/time stamps into notes?

...really need to get notes capable of doing rich text (colors, fonts, formatting, indenting, bullets/numbering, etc.).

thanks!

//ray

September 18th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Support Team

There isn't currently a way to automatically date stamp notes but we'll take note of the suggestion. To save a bit of typing you could perhaps create some predefined text to insert with a partial date which you update periodically.. something like [00/12/2013] and then you just replace the 00 with the current day and once a month update the month field in the predefined text. Alternatively you could use History Notes instead which do have a date stamp.

September 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
lpopejoy

Can we have a right click menu in notes to have a timestamp/tech name insert?

Yeah, history notes are cool, but no one uses them. It's too many clicks, and too hard to see all the relevant info at a glance. Timestamp, and name/initials on the notes field would be a huge help - even if that were available on any "memo" field.

You could make your predefined text editor accept varialbes like [curtime] or [tech name], and then it would be a breeze to make the timestamp predefined text to your liking.

On rich text... Can we have some idea what release this will be in? After typing a bulleted list in a notes field just now, and having to manually change my numbing scheme twice... I was reminded that this is the 21st century - and wondered why pieces of my technology haven't caught up.

I appreciate the forthcoming "your vote has been added." ...but how many votes does this have - and what does it take to get it to have more? ...and what if enough people don't vote on a feature that is *really* needed? Does that mean we are eternally stuck in the 90's?

September 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Support Team

OK, so we won't add your vote to this one :-)

Seriously - If you refer to History Notes that these have dedicated fields for date/time as well as a field for Employee (the Technician). Both are filled automatically for you and are then listed as part of the History views.
In case you refer to the Notes tab, then we do not have the insert text you suggested but the Notes tab wasn't designed for this purpose (dated notes). History Notes are.

Rich Text for the field: No ETA for this at this time.

October 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
raymond

We do rely heavily on history notes (lpopejoy, once you get everyone on the same page and using them, they do work well and it's really no more difficult than adding to the notes field - the best thing about using history is that you can see everything as it transpired in a timeline, I highly recommend history notes!).

BUT, there really is no excuse for the notes fields to not be rich text capable -- realize that rich text was developed in 1987... 26 YEARS AGO! Seriously, why are we working as if we are still using CRT terminals and chalk boards?!? We need color, we need bullets, we need fonts and underlines and bold text!!!

Let's get CommitCRM up into the 80's and get rich text implemented!

//ray