RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 29th, 2008, 06:47 AM
novacomputersolutions

Is there a way to REQUIRE that no task be open or pending before a ticket can be closed?

When I have a ticket, I often create specific task associated with it about things which need to be done before the job is completed. I assign these task to others, as needed, but want to make sure the ticket is not marked 'completed' before all the task are completed.

March 31st, 2008, 06:32 AM
Support Team

This is a good feedback and we actually already have this on our list as we see how this can be helpful. It may be implemented in one of our future releases. Thanks.

Dina

April 1st, 2008, 07:30 AM
novacomputersolutions

Is there any way to setup something that would force the user to indicate that All task have been completed before allowing the ticket to be closed?

I'd love to do it as task management, but I'm open to other options as long as there's a way for me to know that the ticket was not being closed prior to all of the items being completed.

The way we would like to work it is to open a general ticket, then assign the task within that ticket. As those task are completed, they wouuld be marked as done. When all of the task are completed, the ticket could then be closed.

There should also be an option to MOVE the task into a new ticket as an option for completing the task.

April 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
Support Team

As mentioned, we do plan to allow users to enforce that all the Ticket's tasks will be completed before they can close the Ticket. I believe this will be implemented in one of our next versions.

At the moment, note that when setting a Task as "Done" it is removed from the Ticket's Pending tab so you should basically always check that the pending tab is empty before you set a Ticket as completed.

You can also easily assign the Task to a different Ticket from the Task window - simply select a different Ticket for it. This will also remove the task from the Pending tab, so you will be able to make sure all Tasks are handled prior to closing the Ticket.

HTH

Sherry

September 21st, 2008, 03:05 PM
novacomputersolutions

Is there any update to this request that the 'pending' list have the option to be 'mandatory' before a ticket can be completed?

This is a HUGE issue for us as I would like to build task list for tickets like those for project work where there are several parts needing to be completed. I want to create task within the ticket and KNOW that the ticket manager has confirmed their completion PRIOR to closing the ticket.

September 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Support Team

Hi,

I checked and this feature request is indeed in our development queue. I believe the next release of RangerMSP will include some work-flow enhancements, and I hope this one will make it into the version. This can be definitely a helpful feature. Thank you for bringing it up again.

Neta

(Update from RangerMSP Team: This feature was implemented in version 5.0)