RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 12th, 2008, 10:12 AM
wsandwith

It seems I am not able to view documents using the web interface, is there a way to do this? If not then it would be a great feature.

January 12th, 2008, 12:42 PM
chrisits

As far as I know the web interface does not let you download documents. What I do if I really need the document when on site, is ask someone from the office to email the document or remote desktop to my office PC. If I remember in advance I copy the relevant documents to my disk on key.

+1 for adding this feature

January 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Support Team

At the moment, you can view the document details/properties from the Web Interface, but downloading the document file is not supported. We definitely have this on our list, and we will offer this in one of our next releases. At the moment, the suggestions raised by chsrisits should do the work.

BTW, we will soon release RangerMSP Email Connector module. Among other options it automatically converts emails from your customers to a service ticket inRangerMSP. You can then open this original email both from RangerMSP client and the web interface ( i.e. download the original email file).

Thanks for the feedback.

Neta

September 10th, 2008, 02:04 AM
asmbit

will this feature be available in the next release? i really don't want to copy sensitive documents around. Also i work by myself so having to remote access all the time is not very efficient.

September 10th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Document download via the Web Interface is already available!

This feature was added in version 4.4, and it now allows employees to download documents. You can read more about this feature and setting it up in the Web Interface setup guide, under Document Download Settings.

Neta

September 10th, 2008, 08:43 AM
asmbit

yeah that feature is available, i do want the customer to be able to download some information themself though. however more sensitive information will not be accessible to them without a password. eg. (pdf password) or some file encryption. is that possible?

September 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Support Team

Customers can currently download documents which are linked to Knowledge Base articles. This can be helpful in case you have documents which are relevant to all customers. In this case you can refer them to the article and let them download the document from it.

In any case, we will probably also allow customers to download their own documents (documents which are linked to the account in RangerMSP) in the future.

Neta

September 11th, 2008, 08:05 AM
vsouthmayd

If customers are allowed to download documents linked to their accounts, this should not be the default for new documents. It would be better if individual documents could be authorized or published for customer download. While it would be great to allow customers access to documents, there are documents I would rather keep private. It would be best to have to publish the document for customer download, then have to restrict their access to private documents attached to their accounts.

September 11th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for the additional feedback. I totally agree, and this is actually how the knowledge base was implemented - it allows customers to view articles (and download their linked documents) only when the KB article is set as "public". This way you can easily control which articles are publicly available. I believe the same principals will be used when implementing additional download options for customers.

Neta

September 18th, 2008, 09:03 PM
dkawnik

How soon will the ability to make certain articles/documents only available to specific accounts/customer via web interface be available?? I think this is critical and we are strongly considering a separate extranet solution for this as we have a lot of instruction documents that are confidential that we only want visible to specific customers and technicians. The private and public publishing in the knowledgebase is too broad although we love the knowledgebase - thank you Commit!

September 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
FunctionOne

I'd like to second this - we're currently planning to replace our online billing system with CommitCRM and that system also happens to allow us to host Network Documentation for our clients to access. It actually also allows check-in/out of the documents for updating.

We'd like to be able to allow our clients to access their documentation from the CommitCRM Client Web Interface at some point in the future.