RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 24th, 2008, 04:23 AM
peterk

I was wondering if their are any Australian based IT companies that utilise commitcrm and MYOB.. How do you process bookings and payments etc..??

Any input or advise in interfacing the booking and billing process would be greatly appreciated..

January 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
camelon

Hi,
We are an Australian Based IT firm currently using MYOB premier.
We are currently writing a blackberry interface for CommitCRM and will then attempt a Myob bridge using ODBC (read) fromCommitCRM. We have not fully spec'd this out as yet.

February 26th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Belose

Hi camelon, I am also based in Australia and would be very interested in a Commit-MYOB interface of sorts. Have you had any luck in looking further into it as yet? If you need any assistance, please let me know.

March 3rd, 2008, 04:27 AM
peterk

Fingers crossed the development team have this up on the road map for future releases as it will certainly be great for Australian based clients

March 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM
protocol1

Hi

We are also an Australian based IT company and are eagerly awaiting a CommitCRM CRM - MYOB link. The double-handling of billing/charges is very time consuming at present.

March 17th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Easy I.T.

Add us to the list of interested in a CommitCrm - > Myob link.

April 11th, 2008, 06:34 AM
mucar1967

Hey guys, count me in, my employees are screaming for Australian MYOB integration.

May 29th, 2008, 06:15 AM
trent73

Yeah same here. Count me in!

June 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Belose

For those who are interested, the new Australian releases of QuickBooks (08/09) looks as though they will integrate withCommitCRM.

Previous versions were based on a different back end to other international versions (ie. USA/UK/Canada), however I have been advised that the current release is inline with the other international releases (ie. uses same back end).

This is being looked at by CommitCRM Support and hopefully will be fully supported within the next couple of releases.

It means a change from MYOB to QuickBooks ... <gulp>, but if it means a seamless integrated solution then it may be worthwhile.

HTH.

June 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Support Team

Thank you Belose.

Here's our take on this -

Just as Belose mentioned, QuickBooks Australia 2008 should be compatible with the US editions of QuickBooks.

We are currently testing the integration and will hopefully announce an official support for this in one of our coming releases (as a new version is released every 3-4 months it means that it shouldn't be long before it is announced).

That said, though not officially supported by us yet, we already have users who actually use the integration of RangerMSP 4.3 (latest release) with QuickBooks Australia and QuickBooks New Zealand. They report that all works great and that they enjoy the level of integration between the two systems.

If you already have both RangerMSP 4.3 and the 2008 edition of QuickBooks Australia and you want to test drive the current (unofficial) integration between the two please contact us directly and we'll arrange it for you.

HTH

Neta

June 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Billy Gareth

Add us too! (In Queensland)

Apparently there is someone in North Queensland who has worked this out. I'll try and track him down.

I don't really want to goto QB just for this...
BG

June 16th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Easy I.T.

Billy, any luck with tracking them down? Looking into the ODBC license info from myob They would have to be a MYOB developer partner to get the ability to write into myob??

"Note: You can purchase a "read" ODBC license from MYOB. "Write back" licences are only available as part of the Professional Partner Program for Developers."

June 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
peterk

Any luck with sourcing the info from your contact Billy ??

July 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Billy Gareth

Hi All,

The guy is from Endless Technology in Cairns. Xenek is his name I believe. He mentioned to me that he had some system worked out that didn't involve the ol' print charge report and redo in MYOB dance. I emailed the address on the site after my last post but it bounced and haven't had a chance to try again.

I also contacted an OZ company that for a cool 12-16K could write a bridge between MYOB andCommitCRM. When they started listing off clients such as Bunnings I knew that I had somehow stumbled onto the wrong field...

One option could be for the CommitCRM folk to get them to write the link then package it out to us plebes. Any comment from CommitCRM gurus here???

July 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Support Team

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the effort in finding a way to develop the MYOB link.

As you may know already, we've been spending a lot of time and resources recently and are about to release version 4.4 which is officially tested with QuickBooks Australia Pro 2008/9. RangerMSP and QuickBooks work together well and now that the Australian edition is supported it can provide an end to end solution for our Australian users. I believe it shows our real RangerMSPment to this market and our users.

We do understand that MYOB link would be helpful as well and that it is a very popular system in Australia. As said before, we may integrate with it in the future. Thanks for all your feedback and efforts spent on this. For the meantime, as you mentioned there is our API and ODBC access which can help implement an integration with MYOB. We will be happy to provide any assistance and help anyone who is interested in trying to implement this now.

HTH

Eitan

September 29th, 2008, 09:55 AM
asmbit

any progress on myob invoicing? i've been working on the billing workflow and it's hard having to include so many additional steps. that can be achieve via quickbooks.
wish i hadn't paid big $ for myob or else i would have swap across. :\

September 30th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Support Team

Hi asmbit, I checked and besides the options already suggested (import/export or using the ODBC/API for integrating with MYOB), I do not have any new information regarding MYOB support. We do have many users working already with the Australian QuickBooks version, and as you mentioned, it works well.

Sherry

September 30th, 2008, 08:06 AM
asmbit

There's a couple of quickbooks version i saw in the store.
which version is it exactly that is fully compatible? i might as well take a dive and convert to quickbooks for easy management.

September 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Support Team

Hi, the RangerMSP-QuickBooks integration for the Australian edition is supported in the Pro and Premier 2008/09 editions. You can see the full list of supported versions on our Web site here.

Sherry

September 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Easy I.T.

We ended up just moving to Quickbooks as I dont think we were going to get a MYOB link anytime soon - Quicken had a $200 cashback offer on their pro version but i think that might of finished.

October 1st, 2008, 04:15 PM
peterk

Which version of Quicken did you go for ?? What do you recommend.. as I am thinking the same..

October 2nd, 2008, 01:32 AM
Easy I.T.

We just went for Quickbooks Pro 2008/09 which was the lowest version that works with the link. (none of the quickbooks versions below that work with the link).

Havent really started using it yet - originally trialled both the quickbooks and the quickbooks link - just to make sure it worked, seemed to work easy - so purchased both.

This quarter (starting yesterday) will be our first quarter in which we will be using Quickbooks and the link. So hopefully all goes well - I am looking forward to not having to manually re-enter the data :)