RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 25th, 2008, 06:45 AM
cforger

Hi,

I'd think it would be really useful if the time for the start and end of a charge automatically set to the current time when you clicked on it, instead of being set to 12:00 AM

That way, I can punch up a charge window quickly, click on the time to start the work, do the work, click on the end time field to auto-update it as well, and then I'm done.

Thanks.

June 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback on this. Note that you have various ways of creating Charges where you can already have the time initialized for you.

For example, you can charge an Appointment (right-click the appointment and select "Charge Appointment"), and this will automatically copy the Appointment's time into the Charge window.

Another option is to use the Timer (Ctrl+T), while you are working on the Ticket, and then, when the work is done, click the Charge icon to create a Charge out of the Timer. This will automatically fill in the Hours field for the Charge.

In any case, this is interesting feedback, and I logged it for further consideration. Thanks.

Sherry

June 25th, 2008, 07:33 AM
allenc

But the timer only fills in the Hours field.
I wish it would also fill in the From Time and To Time fields in the new Charge record.

June 25th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Support Team

Currently the Timer transfers the total amount of time. This is since you can pause and start the timer many times, in which case passing the start-end time would provide wrong results. This is why it transfers the real total amount to the Charge' Hours field.

We may add the ability to automatically transfer the start-end time for timers which are not paused at all, and have only a single time frame. Thanks again for the feedback!

Sherry

June 25th, 2008, 08:15 AM
cforger

Yes, both of those features (mine and the other request) would be useful.

I do use the timer, but the feature I mentioned would be useful as well.

Thanks.

October 2nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
ErickSnow

If this helps any, I would like to see the same feature. I Submitted a suggestion to the support email. I am pasting my request here as well.

A suggestion to add to the next upgrade.

On the timer, it would be nice to have the “OPTION or check box” to add the start and finish time to the ticket labor charge automatically from the timer when you click on the add new charge icon on the timer.

I know the timer keeps up with total time and that you can stop and start the timer as many times as you need. I like the fact the timer keeps up with total time spent. This is good.

But in many cases the timer is not stopped until the work is completed. In other words. We only have 1 start and stop instance. So the start and finish times are accurate and would like to see that as an option to paste start and stop time to the labor charge when clicking on the timer add new charge icon.

On timer activities that include many starts and stops, It might even be nice to allow for the 1st start time and the last stop time to be pasted. So a client can see we started worked on a project at 8am and completed that task at 5pm but only worked on the project during that time period for a total of 2 hrs.

October 2nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
Support Team

Hi Erick,

thanks, we do plan on adding this ability (as mentioned earlier on this thread), and your ideas are very helpful. I added your comments to the request in our system, so we won't miss it when we get to implementing the feature.

Cheers,
Neta