RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
asmbit

Hi,

I have a client who is a helpdesk, they send me jobs throughout the days. however when they send out job via emails to me, they send it from different email account. eg. james assign the job to me so he send it to me via james@dot.com, then jenny with jenny@dot.com.
there is like around 5 different emails access for one client. Also at times they send me job reminder as well. how can i avoid the system from creating new ticket everytime i receive an email for the same job. (duplicate jobs).

really need this to be resolve asap please.

September 29th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Support Team

Hi asmbit,

The Email Connector finds the customer to whom it should create the ticket for according to the "from" email address. What you should do is add secondary contacts (from the Account's Contacts tab) for each person who might send emails, so they will be in the system. This way all incoming emails from this customer will create ticket for the same account inRangerMSP.

As for the second question - when the Email Connector creates the ticket, it can also send automatic response to the client. The automatic response email contains the ticket number in the email subject (in a predefined format), so If the customer replies to this email, the system knows that this is an existing ticket, and it will not open a new ticket for this email. What you can do is ask them to reply to these emails when sending reminders for already existing tickets, or use the same email subject format.

I hope this helps.

Ethan

September 29th, 2008, 08:24 AM
asmbit

alright i will give it a shot. thank you