RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 23rd, 2019, 03:18 PM
Gjeret

We have started moving from local Quickbooks over to Squareup.com for invoicing. Clients are loving it, I like having a dashboard I can see where ever I am. I have a cool app for Square that plops any payment (and fees) into Quickbooks (sadly it plops all deposits under "Square User")

I have my techs track ALL their time in CommitCRM, and we base payroll off of a modified report.

Reoccurring invoices rock, get sent out automagically, have reminder sent, client can pay via CreditCard or Check, Yay. We have the monthly contracts in CommitCRM that the Tech applies his time.

Hourly stuff, well... that sucks. After we verify and change the Techs billed hours to an acceptable level we create the invoice in quickbooks. Print a PDF Invoice, change the Invoice value to 0, go to square, create a new invoice with a line item of "Quick books Invoice 12345" with a dollar amount, then attach the PDFed QB invoice. The Client then can pay via Check or Creditcard.

Is there an easier way of getting CommitCRM Charges into Square Invoicing (and have them mark as billed?) Am I not seeing the forest because of the trees?

August 26th, 2019, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Although there is no direct integration with Square, you may consider exporting Charges listed under the Ticket to Excel and import them into Square.
Then you will need to mark the Charges as billed - this can be done using the 'Mark All as Billed" button under the Ticket Charges.

As an alternative you can use RangerMSP's API to query such Charge records, and then use Square's API to push such Charges to Square.

Hope this helps.