RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

November 9th, 2018, 11:19 AM
racassel

How do YOU use the batch invoicing feature?
Mostly we bill monthly by Account, 3-10 tickets per invoice.

We would love to use the batch invoicing, (Account Level) but not happy with the default format of the generated invoices.

Charges appear at the top and Ticket references appear at the bottom. We tried using it as-is 5 years ago and received complaints from our clients the invoices were too difficult to understand. It can take up to 30 minutes, sometimes more to format the invoice to be easy to read. Currently we have to hand edit and align the information so it is presented in a logical, easy to understand format.

CURRENT FORMAT - Charges at top of screen for all tickets, description for tickets below.

Date - Item - Units - Total - Description(Date,Tech,Ticket No) - Description

Ticket Information

0500-14115 - New server and workstation setup

0500-14212 - Printer not working

0500-14334 - Sally has problem accessing Remote Desktop

REQUIRED FORMAT - Hand edit each invoice before sending to Quickbooks

"Ticket Information" We change this to a better description, this is the text we place
In the MEMO field, then copy to replace "Ticket Information"

"IT Services 10-2018 Non Maintenance"

0500-14115 - New server and workstation setup
SUBTOTAL 0500-14115

0500-14212 - Printer not working
SUBTOTAL 0500-14212

0500-14334 - Sally has problem accessing Remote Desktop
SUBTOTAL - 0500-14334

Its not so bad for an Account with just a few tickets or charges, but some of the larger invoices can contain a dozen tickets and 30-50 line items.

We could live with "Ticket Information as the invoice description, and we can live without SUBTOTAL feature as it is easy to update the Quickbooks invoice before sending.

Are we paying too much attention to our clients feedback to present the information in an easy to understand format? It takes 4-6 hours each month to prepare our billings. Way, way too much time and drudgery for something to compensate for the default "Automated Batch Processing" invoice output.

How do YOU use the batch invoice feature? Just let 'em rip as-is?

Rick Cassel

March 20th, 2019, 08:03 AM
BNIacc

We invoice at the ticket level. Each invoice a separate ticket. Not ideal, but the only way to deal with CommitCRM's inability to dump into QB a somewhat readable invoice.

I've been asking for a couple years for the ability to simply dump contract-price charges in a neat format. We have client contracts with many different components - Cloud services, HaaS items, Licensing, Device support, etc. Some of the line items have an associated discount line item depending on quantity thresholds. And the counts can change from month to month. I just learned of Commit's recently added sort feature which looks somewhat promising, but when it comes to the illegible nature of a CommitCRM generated invoice, I feel your pain.

August 29th, 2019, 03:43 PM
racassel

Thank you for the reply. I had not subscribed to the thread so just noticed this.
Illegible is the most polite term I can think of :)
The suggestion for single tickets per invoice is nice for 2-3 monthly tickets or invoices but not workable for billing on the ACCOUNT basis. I don't think I would have my job very log if I buried my biggest clients accounting department with 30-50 invoices at the end of every month.

Commit, please "take note". Monthly invoicing on the accounts level is a powerful feature, but preparing the invoice to be presentable (legible) takes way too much time. I simply dread the end of each month to do billings in this program.

If there were some way to drag and drop with the mouse versus upline upline downline downline delete line peck, peck peck peck gives me carpal tunnel. Turn on the drop and drag please. I am sure it wolud be considered a major feature improvement by many. (versus another place to click and see a preview)