RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
chileab

I've read a lot about the auto-processing features in CommitCRM for XML emails. I'm familiar with XML, but I must be missing something, because I can't seem to find a DTD or schema for the XML document in the email anywhere. Am I missing something?

July 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Support Team

Hi chileab,

That's actually a great question :-)

The Email Connector's API by Email feature know how to receive XML-formatted emails and execute the transaction written in the XML email. This is actually considered part of our API, which includes a Programming API and the XML-formatted emails API (click here for more details regarding our API).

The API documentation includes the required XML format description and some samples. We usually provide the API documentation directly by request, to make sure anyone using the API understand the how to use it correctly. In case you wish to try it out, please contact us directly (at [ support @ ) and we will be happy to provide the relevant information.

Sherry

July 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
chileab

Thank you, Sherry. I just sent an email to the address you gave. And if it is not in fact a stupid question, might I suggest adding it to your FAQ?

July 16th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Support Team

Yes, that makes sense - i guess people will be able to find it in this forum thread now :-)
I will also check whether we can add it in a more official place, thanks,

Sherry

July 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
jtfinley

I have a guy who wrote a small WebApp that will be very usable for any mobile phone specifically the iPhone where you can select a customer, start/end time and quick charge detail and it will generate the XML email toCommitCRM. We're improving on this daily and is very promising...

July 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
lpopejoy

Hey, that's a GREAT idea! Think it would work on the Blackberry?

How does it know what ticket to charge it for though? ...Or do you not use tickets?

July 24th, 2009, 08:20 AM
ajgyomber

This is really why CommitCRM need a SOAP XML API. It is so limited in its current form. It's only one way as you need ODBC to retrieve records out from the database. If I want to create a PHP page on my public web site to mobile-enable CommitCRM -- you can't to the best of my knowledge.

July 24th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Support Team

Hi ajgyomber,

Actually, in case you use the SQL Database for RangerMSP, we can provide you with direct PHP drivers which will allow you to pull information from the RangerMSP database via PHP code directly. Please contact us directly if you require this functionality.

Neta

July 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM
lpopejoy

Yes, but will you be able to read AND write with those PHP drivers?

--Luke

July 24th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Support Team

The PHP drivers can be used for read-only purposes.
In order to update information in the RangerMSP database you should use our edit/insert API. Usually when working via PHP, you would implement this by sending XML formatted emails from your PHP scripts, these XML transactions will then be processed by RangerMSP Email Connector and the database will be updated.

Neta

July 25th, 2009, 05:11 AM
ajgyomber

Do these PHP drivers need to be installed installed on the server? If so, I doubt that would be possible for many people that use shared hosting instead of a VPS or dedicated server.

July 25th, 2009, 08:31 AM
lpopejoy

AJ,

Probably be better off installing this stuff on your local network somewhere anyway so that PHP can access the DB locally instead of over a WAN. I don't like the idea of opening my CommitDB to WAN access - though I suppose you could limit that to a specific IP. At any rate, it would probably be a little slow - don't you think?

--Luke

July 27th, 2009, 03:51 PM
jtfinley

Neta,

We'd love to get the PHP Driver from you. Currently, the data is static for testing purposes and works great, but this driver would make it integrate very nicely. Our webapp now looks pretty good and is fast. We will integrate the login via SSL and COMMIT user DB if possible.