RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 11th, 2009, 02:18 PM
jtfinley

I setup many devices to send alerts based on my settings in N-Able. The emails come as e.g. "device1@mycompany.com". What ends up happening is the emails get stuck in the QSysEDOutbox and do not process. I had this issue awhile back and I switched to Kayako, well, I'm trying CommitCRM again. It appears the ticket doesn't get created in the system because the email address doesn't exist when CommitCRM is try to send out an auto-response? Why is this?

August 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Support Team

Hi jtfinley,

The integration with N-able requires using the "automated emails" feature within the RangerMSP Email Connector. It won't work by simply sending in the emails from your N-able mail address (e.g. "device1@mycompany.com"), since this has to be a valid email of an account in the system. When using the "automated emails" feature, this allows you to make the email connector process the email subject and find the account identifier in the subject (rather than process according to the "from" email address). This way you can turn incoming alerts from N-able into Tickets in RangerMSP. Click here for more details in how to define the N-able integration with RangerMSP.

Also, please note that the emails which are stuck in QSysEDOutbox seems like a different issue. This behavior usually indicates that there are emails which the email connector tries to forward to your internal email address (or to your backup email address), and this fails. Such situations may happen when your mail server does not support relay, so the email connector is unable to forward the emails properly. I suggest that you perform a "send test email" test from the Server Config program, and try using the "from" email addresses (e.g. "device1@mycompany.com") as the "from" email address in the test. This way you can check whether your mail server is able to forward these emails properly. If this test works and those emails still get stuck in the queue, (and you can't find a solution on our helpful Troubleshooting section) feel free to contact us directly with the log files (from the Help > Technical Support menu), and we will help with the troubleshooting.

Ethan

August 12th, 2009, 06:56 AM
jtfinley

I will try to resolve the other issue and setup the N-Able/CommitCRM example.

I have issues where email is being sent and CommitCRM Picks it up, but never appears in a ticket nor does it forward to our backup ticketing system. So the email disappears...

As far as the mailconnector failing, I don't think that's the issue. When the oldest file in QSysEDOutbox is deleted and I restart the MailConnector service, it processes the rest just fine. CommitCRM resides on the Exchange server (SBS 2003) so relay is not the issue.

August 12th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Support Team

Hi jtfinley, I too think this sounds like issues with the delivery. If you cannot seem to track the issue, you can send us your log files from the application (use the Help > Technical Support menu) and we will look into this in more details.

Sherry

August 13th, 2009, 02:33 PM
jtfinley

Refer to "Support Emails falling thru..." thread....

August 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
jtfinley

{{ExternalCustomerID}} variable for N-Able / CommitCRM Mail Connector doesn't seem to work either. Although, I don't see that variable in the list in N-Able, I will try to find the correct one.

"Email Message Template, Subject Syntax Error:- Variable Name mismatch in: ExternalCustomerID"

August 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Support Team

I know the ExternalCustomerID works only with N-able version 6 an up (see more details here). Perhaps you should contact N-able's support and ask them about this, as it should work as long as you are using the correct version.

Sherry

August 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
jtfinley

We're using N-Able 6.5 moving to 6.7 soon. According to N-Able's variable table for version 6.5, it doesn't exist.

=============
Email Message Template: Subject contains an invalid notification template keyword:ExternalCustomerID
Email Message Template: Subject contains an invalid notification template keyword:ExternalCustomerID
* Required field