RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 6th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Product User

I am not sure I understand how prospects (not customers) should be managed inRangerMSP. As a manager I would like to see every opportunity a sales rep may have. Does this provide the similar information?

* We received this message directly and published it here for the benefit of our community users.

March 6th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Support Team

The best way to manage prospects in RangerMSP is using Accounts and Sales Opportunities.

For each Account you can set the Account type to be customer, lead, partner, etc. You can also edit this list and add your own types, such as Prospect.

When you wish to manage a new prospect, you should open a "prospect" Account, and in the Opportunities tab, add the Sales Opportunities against this Account. Each Sales Opportunity can contain a lot of information, such as the expected Amount, Probability, Source, Type, Notes, etc. You can also set a Manager employee for each Opportunity (which is the relevant sales rep.). When an Opportunity is won you can set it as won and fill in the final details.

You can then generate various Opportunity reports and filter them by Account, Manager, Type and more (from Reports > Opportunities). This way you can track the open/won Sales Opportunities for each Employee (sales rep.), and also perform other analysis.

Neta