RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
BDTECHRob

Hi All, has anyone written any good reports they would like to share?

I am currently trying to create a report that gives a count of all tickets for the chosen client in in a specific time period by category e.g:

2 network related
3 software realated
1 user creation

this part is easy however im trying to add a Pie chart to the report for a visual of which category's had the most issues over the last month. if anyone has done this successfully I would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the report or advise the best way to achieve this as report building is not my strong point.

but while we are looking at it if you have any other client facing reports that you think would be handy for the community please post them and share guys.

June 3rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.
Regarding using Pie chart - while RangerMSP system reports includes some, they do not include one for the above described report and you can currently only achieve this by connecting to the database using our API and third party reporting tools (such as Access, Crystal Reports, etc.).

We do encourage anyone to share their customized reports with the community here.

June 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
lpopejoy

Yes, this is another reminder that we are all looking forward the report writer module getting an overhaul. I would add my vote to this, but I would hate to crash your voting system. It may crash because of too many votes from me.

June 3rd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Support Team

:-)

June 4th, 2013, 06:21 AM
BDTECHRob

Or just add a BrightGauge connector and allow us to create meaningful reports for our clients

Its a win win situation, That way you guys don't need to worry about reports anymore....
:-)

June 4th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Support Team