No announcement yet.

Password Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Password Report

Have a client with 30+ passwords and they would like a list of all of them. Is there any way to run a report so I can just hand it to them? Or will it require copying and pasting from Password Manager to a spreadsheet?

Re: Password Report

Thank you for asking. You'll need to copy/paste the credentials you want to share with them. Printing all passwords isn't an option. Note that each password you'll fetch in order to paste it will be audited under the password history.

Hope this helps.

(Update from Support Team: the option to export customer passwords was introduced in version 25.)

Comment

That is unfortunate. Very time consuming!

Comment

Would be nice to have a report, even if it comes with a disclaimer about security, as the passwords actually belong to the customer. Instead of being able to export to a spreadsheet or PDF report, we'll spend an hour copying and pasting so they can have their data.

Comment

I agree, should be a way to either print a list or export passwords if the user has the rights to do so. Any digital repository of passwords should also be able to be exported and stored in a secure location in case something would happen to the source of the data.

Comment

I agree as well. We have clients that want a physical copy of their passwords, now that we have the passwords feature its in one place - but we still have to manually copy passwords to create the requested report.

Comment

Has there been any movement on this? Should I put in a feature request? This is becoming more time consuming.

Comment

We have already logged this as a feature request and it will be considered. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Would like to touch on this again; had another client asking for passwords, so it was cut and paste time. I'd really like to be able to export my client's information in a timely and efficient manner.

Comment

This request will be evaluated and considered for a future release.

Thank you for following up on this.

Comment

Any word on whether this has been evaluated or not? I have spend hours copying and pasting, when it could be minutes. There easily could be a security level to allow this to authorized individuals and even an "I understand . . ." button to click prior to allowing the export.

Comment

Unfortunately at this time we have no news on this. We may implement it in the future.

(Update from Support Team: the option to export customer passwords was introduced in version 25.)

Comment

Could we also add an idea to allow a customer to view their passwords, allowing access via the tokens system.

Comment

This is an interesting idea. My quick feedback is that I'm not sure whether it would be possible. The entire password database is protected-with/encrypted-by/based-on your passphrase. Any access to passwords require providing that key. Even RangerMSP itself, any component, cannot access the password vault without it. This adds security but also some technical complexity when it comes to this request, as you wouldn't want to share that passphrase with customers. In any case feedback is noted and will be evaluated. Thank you!

Comment

A few more ideas:

a drop down on the Description so we can select, Office365, Domain, Admin, Other. Then if other is selected we can add a manual description.

Security tokens automatically set. via drop option selected above

Exporting of passwords

Comment

Working...
                              X