RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 16th, 2010, 05:04 AM
JoshuaB

A customer responded to an email we sent out and I received the following email from CommitCRM Connector:
" *** Errors occurred while processing the attached Email.
You should process this Email manually.
Reason: Could not determine to which Account the Email is related to as more than one Account record
was found with the same sender Email address. You should process this Email manually."

I am aware this customer's email address exists on two accounts - this is intentional as they work for a business we support, and we also support they themselves at home. Is there a better way to separate accounts like this? Otherwise, I would hope in this case, CommitCRM would following the ticket number in the subject that was properly defined as [TKT-0500-XXXX].

I'm very happy CommitCRM emails errors on to the backup address - better safe than sorry!

June 16th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Support Team

Hi JoshuaB,

When more than one Account holds the same email address RangerMSP Email Connector cannot determine for which Account to create a Ticket from this email because the Sender Address of the email is defined for more than a single Account (this is identified by looking at the Account Email1, Email2 and Secondary Contacts emails of the Account).
Therefore, we do not recommend holding more than one account with the same email address. I can see the point where the system can identify and use the Ticket # for and exiting thread (logged), however, if this customer will send an email reporting on a new issue no Ticket will be created due to the fact the their email address is used by more than one account...

You may try to identify the Home location as a Secondary Contact of the main Account, and not a separate Account. I'm not sure whether it'll work for you but it might.

Thanks,
Rinat

June 16th, 2010, 09:11 AM
JoshuaB

Rinat,

I see also the problem of new tickets. For existing tickets though, I think the system should work off of the TKT in the subject.

Regardless, we need to bill separate accounts. Not sure how to handle this except to just not use duplicate emails. However, I'm sure others bill home and work accounts for the same people. No matter though... not a big issue as we can reassign tickets and I really don't see a way you could even fix this at an automated levels.

Thanks for the feedback.