RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
JoshuaB

I was happy to hear 5.4 would only show active contracts. However after install the mess of contracts are still there. I now see the word "active" vs what I consider old or expired. As I copy contracts forward each month (for monthly recurring services such as hosting), I actually end up with "old" but still "active" contracts. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way copy contracts forward *and* mark them inactive? Or... what is the best practice here?

Exploring this further, here reads, "In a typical lifecycle, a contract will start as Active, and when it passes the End Date, it will be set as Completed by the employee handling the Account." - So... do we need to be manually completing contracts each month!? Is there an automated way to do this? We have 40-50 presently.

Thanks.

July 19th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Support Team

JoshuaB,

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, the new RangerMSP 5.4 can be configured to list only Active Contracts. To enjoy this feature you first need to complete all of the completed Contracts you have - currently this should be done manually... in any case we're already working on an option that will let you complete a batch of expired Contracts in just a few clicks. It'll probably be included in one on our coming releases :-)

Thanks,
Neta

July 21st, 2010, 03:47 PM
JoshuaB

Thanks - I'll wait on the batch. :)

July 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
smeggar

Where are at with the batch complet contracts? I have 400+ finished and irrelevant contracts that I need to make inactive or complete and doing each one is about 5 clicks.

July 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Support Team

It's planned for the next release, RangerMSP 5.5 :-)

As 5.4 was released about 3 weeks ago, the release date for 5.5 is not yet available.

Thanks,
Dina

October 27th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Support Team

Quick update:

RangerMSP 5.5 was recently released and includes a new Batch Complete Contracts utility which completes a group of selected Contracts, as requested above. You can now use this option to complete all the expired Contracts. It lets you filter the Contracts either by their End Date or Block Empty.

To run the utility, use the following menu option from the main Contracts window: Contracts > Batch Complete Contracts.

>> Read more about Batch Complete Contracts.

>> Read more about what's new in version 5.5.

The RangerMSP Team

October 27th, 2010, 06:08 AM
JoshuaB

Already tried it. Worked perfect. Love it. Thanks so much!