RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 19th, 2014, 02:40 AM
thankgod

Hi all

We purchased the alert server and the email connector add-ons for our CommitCRM deployment. At present, the alert server is working fine ... but our email connector is current suspended i.e. not turned on.

We have some concerns about allowing clients to create tickets directly on CommitCRM and would rather they create tickets on our existing platforms. As such, the email connector is in the suspended state.

Now, going forward, is there any way we can allow our techs to use the email connector i.e. for appending information and documents to existing tickets but not allow clients to use it?

May 19th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

What you could do is simply not give your customers the Public Email Address for the Email Connector so they cannot use it to create new Tickets but your technicians can.

Your customers can be given a different address which goes to an employee (or a list) and then the employee can create a Ticket on behalf of the customer by forwarding it to the Email Connector.

You may also then want to disable sending of response emails to customers so they don't see the Public Address. You can do this by running ServerConfig and going to the Email Connector tab and then uncheck the Send Response Emails box.

May 20th, 2014, 10:28 AM
AN-Tech

I would also suggest you have your mail server configured to only allow incoming email from authenticated users (your internal employees). Should be very easy to configure on an exchange server. Then you don't have to worry about a customer ever sending to that address and having a ticket created.

May 20th, 2014, 08:30 PM
thankgod

@commitcrm support - thank you. will explore the "disable sending of response emails to customers"

@ascendent - ah, nice. we are running our own qmail mail server and yes that probably can be done too! thanks