RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 26th, 2014, 09:40 AM
n22383

When i try and start CommitCRM, i get the error: "Version update may be in progress. Please try again in a few minutes". The upgrade completed successfully without any errors. Is there a file to lock users out, or has anyone dealt with this before?

July 26th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Support Team

Please try to run RangerMSP client as Administrator once by right clicking its shortcut and selecting the Run as Administrator option. In case it does not work try the same while running on the server itself.

July 26th, 2014, 03:13 PM
n22383

I have done as asked, and the same results happen on either server i do it on.

July 27th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

It seems that the process that copies new files after the upgrade is still running on the background or stuck. Try to use Task Manager to stop any running processes such as UpgradeClient.exe or RangerMSP.exe - if any.
Also run Computer Management on the server (can be run from Administrative Tools) and check whether there are any files under RangerMSP folder that are open by users. If there are, try to close them.
Restarting the server may also help if the above will not solve the issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

July 27th, 2014, 08:02 PM
n22383

I have rebooted my server again, and still no change. I have reapplied the update and rebooted, and still have had no change.

July 27th, 2014, 08:22 PM
n22383

I did manage to resolve this by downloading a demo and restoring my last backup to it. Doing that has resolved all issues i was encountering.

July 28th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the update!

We assume that you restored from a backup taken after upgrading to RangerMSP 7.0 (restoring from backup of an older version will cause problems).