RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 30th, 2015, 04:44 PM
n22383

Alright, so i did a bone head thing... I billed invoices that were part of a block hour contract that were not supposed to go out until fully reviewed. Now i have charges linked to a quickbooks inovice and i am unable to unlink them. I voided the entire invoice in quickbooks and need to reverse this in Commit. Anyone know how to do this?

January 31st, 2015, 01:24 AM
Support Team

Sure, you can disconnect a Charge from the Invoice and also set it as Un-billed so you will be able to invoice it again.

Select the Charge in the Charges main Window and from the 'QB' icon/dropdown on the toolbar select the 'Remove Link to Invoice...'. Done!

You can also filter to only see a list of Charges linked to a specific invoice - using the 'Filter by Invoice Reference' option under the very same menu.

February 2nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
n22383

Awesome, Thank you for that. That is exactly what i needed.

February 2nd, 2015, 07:03 PM
Vowcorp

Is there a way to unlink something and then relink it back to an invoice and showed as billed.

What we are seeing is, we have recurring services and we bill them as contracts.

What happens is if we need to make a change to a contract and need to adjust a qty on a charge, we have to unlink that charge so it is not billed so we can adjust the qty of an item so when we batch renew the contract next month, the new qty shows up.

So contract is 1/1/15 thru 1/31/15 for a qty of 3. Customer changes qty to 5 on 1/15/15, we have to unmake as billed and change the qty to 5, so when we renew the contract for the next month, the new qty is carried over.

Do you have an suggestions on how to do that? Or way to unlink, adjust the qty and then relink back to existing qbook invoice?

Thanks

February 2nd, 2015, 07:22 PM
lpopejoy

we do the batch invoice to QB, then immediately renew the contracts. So for a month, we have all the unbilled contract charges hanging out. This allows us to modify the quantities just as your are talking about.

I don't know if that helps you or not - but maybe it's an idea?

February 2nd, 2015, 08:06 PM
Vowcorp

I agree there, but then those charges are already out there for their accounts, but what if you have other charges you need to bill them for. Then it will pull the contract billing that is not due as well as the other things you are billing for like tickets or items.

How do you handle that?

February 2nd, 2015, 08:41 PM
lpopejoy

We only invoice once per month.

If it's a one-off exception to that, you can always to a "non-batch" invoice.