RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 22nd, 2014, 11:15 AM
ShamanSys

Hi,

I have clients opening and updating the tickets using Web Interface. Now I want them to close the tickets instead of our Engineers. But currently with Version 7 we don't have that option. Can some one explain to me what this feature is not available on Client's Web Interface? I really need this feature.
Thanks

August 22nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Support Team

Before a ticket is closed there are normally many things to check - for example - has the technician logged all related charges, e.g. for the time spent and parts used, whether there are any open tasks left, etc. The system even allows you to configure it in a way that only privileged technicians will be able to close tickets without charges logged etc. So definitely the customer is not meant to close the ticket in that sense. However, you can use one of the other fields that are available for the customer and edit the drop down in a way that customer can select a value that means 'Issue Resolved'. This way the customer gets the option to close a ticket while it actually not closed until a technician user does this.

Hope this helps.