RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM
ShamanSys

Hi,

In case a client email me directly instead of emailing to support.com, is it possible to generate a ticket automatically without me having to manually create ticket from the Outlook Web Access not the office Outlook?

Thanks.
Shamansys

August 18th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Support Team

Hi Shamansys -

The email-to-ticket feature basically detects the customer according to the "from" address, so in case the email is sent directly to you, and you forward it to the support.com email (the emails connector's incoming mailbox), the system will not be able to recognize the customer, since the "from" address will be your own address.

The simple solution for this, as you mentioned, is creating the ticket manually, copy-paste the email content and drag-and-drop the email into the ticket, so it will be filed under the ticket.

Another more advanced solution, which can be helpful in various other cases as well, takes advantage of the new "automated emails" feature in the email connector. This requires some setup steps, however, once you get it working, it can be quite helpful.

The idea is to forward emails which arrive at you mailbox to the support mailbox (for the email connector to process), and teach the email connector to identify these emails as "automated":

1. In the email connector's automated emails settings, add a rule for emails coming from your own email address, to be identified as "automated".

2. Then add a rules for identifying the company name.
You should first decide on the format for these email subject, so you will put the company name in the subject line. For example, look for the account between "From Customer:" and ",". This way you can send the email with such a subject:
"From Customer: <put the customer name here>, <rest of the subject as came from the customer here>"

3. The system will then identify these emails as automated, and will detect the company name according to the formatted subject.

Two notes:
(*) The company name in the subject should be the exact same name as appears in RangerMSP's database
(*) Using this mechanism will not send an automatic email response to the customer, as it did not arrive into the system using the "regular" email-to-ticket path, which allows the automated responses.

You can read more about the automated emails setup and configuration here.

I encourage you to give it a try :-)

Sherry

August 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
ShamanSys

Sherry,

Thanks. I will look into that.

Shamansys