RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 20th, 2009, 10:17 PM
hellfrix

i got this problem when accessing the ip address of the web interface in the browser, but the commitwebinterface is running in the services. any clue?

September 21st, 2009, 08:11 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for that last post.

I figure that the issue here is coming from 1 of 2 possible explanations. The first explanation is that the firewall may be blocking the default TCP port needed to access the web interface (4961). The second explanation is that the web interface is still set with 127.0.0.1 as the local web interface address.

So, the first thing we're going to do is make sure that the firewall is configured to allow traffic on port TCP:4961, so that the web interface can receive incoming connections.

To make sure the web interface is working with the default settings:

If you haven't changed any of the settings yet, then try accessing it locally from the server via: http://localhost:4961.

Once the web interface is working locally on the server computer, we need to set the web interface to receive from the network.

The Web interface address and port number should be set by editing the \RangerMSP\web interface\RangerMSPwebinterface.ini file.

For more information on configuring the host name & IP address, please click here.

For more troubleshooting tips, please click here

Hope this helps.

Reno Breen

September 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
hellfrix

Good day to you!

Thanks for the tips and information u gave to me. Now i can access the web interface in my server. now i want to do is how can i access the web interface in the network because i tried to edit the server ip and the server port for example (192.168.1.253:4980) then i restart the service and access it through network, now i cant connect to the web interface. any advice?

September 23rd, 2009, 10:16 PM
hellfrix

Good day again sir!

Now i get to connect my web interface through network. i just input the serverip same as my ip addres of my server. now i must do to connect the web interface outside the office. can u help me? or do i just use a ddns to shAre the port of the CommitCRM web interface?

September 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for that last question. I'm glad the interface is starting to work out.

You don't need to use DDNS unless you have a dynamic IP address (IP address that changes each time you dial). If you have a [b]static IP[/s] address that doesn't change, then it's best to have a domain name placed on that IP address, you can talk to your ISP for this.
If you have a [b]dynamic IP[b/] address, then you should have a dynamic DNS account and hostname configured into your firewall, so that your firewall will update DDNS of your IP address updates. Once the hostname or domain name you've configured resolves your external IP address, you should just make sure that the new domain name & TCP port are configured in RangerMSPwebinterface.ini, and that the port is open in any firewalls and forwarded to the RangerMSP web interface internal IP address, so that it will receive the traffic from the <external-IPaddress:port>.

I hope this helps.

Reno Breen
RangerMSP Support

September 30th, 2009, 11:03 PM
hellfrix

Hello,

Just want to thank you for helping me out to this project of mine. I now love this forum. God Bless! You ROCK man!

October 1st, 2009, 04:45 AM
Support Team

Hi,
You're very welcome, glad to help.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Reno Breen