RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 25th, 2011, 07:20 PM
hellfrix

Hi,

i have a problem in CommitCRM Crm it runs slowly lately. When i open tickets, save files, dispatched a ticket and exporting files to excel. Is there a way to fasten up its performance?

Thank you.

September 26th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Support Team

Please find a few things to check -

Verify that in your Anti Virus programs on ALL PCs + the Server you white-list the entire 'RangerMSP' server folder including all sub-folders and files and completed exclude them from any antivirus checks. Again, this should be configured on All machines.

Remember that RangerMSP client is not installed on the client PCs, all you have is a desktop shortcut to a file on the server.
I say this because except for the Anti-Virus there aren't many other things to check as, again, RangerMSP is not installed on the PCs.

Another thing to check is to modify the desktop shortcut from a drive letter or UNC with a server name into an IP address path:
\\your-server-local-network-ip\RangerMSP\Client\RangerMSP.exe
This will bypass DNS delays.

Finally, I don't know if you're using SQL Database or not. In case you do not and you have many users and a large database then please consider using it as besides making your entire system more robust it also increases speed, sometimes dramatically. In case you are already using it - verify that UDP and TCP communication on your LAN are not being constantly scanned.

Hope this helps.
Dina

September 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
hayden

We've noticed this since the last upgrade to 5.6 Massively slow on the assets tab. I think it's come about from this 'preview' tab.

October 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
shibuminet

CommitCRM is very slow to open for me. I click on the icon on my desktop and it can take 3-5 minutes for the box asking me if I want to run the program. I click Run, then it takes 3-5 minutes to show the splash screen to start to load. Is this normal? We have it running off of a server, and I am the only one that uses CommitCRM (small company). I have CommitCRM on my laptop, which goes through wireless, but nothing else is this slow. Is this normal forCommitCRM? I have no slowdowns when the program actually opens, but it takes me several minutes to get it up and running.

October 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Support Team

No. This is not normal and not typical. 3-5 minutes is totally unreasonable. It should take seconds to load the log in screen, not minutes.

I believe that the problem is totally external especially when you say that all is working well once loaded. Please check the ideas suggested above (antivirus and IP paths) and try to think of other components on your network/PC/server that might delay the start...

Thanks,
Dina

October 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
shibuminet

I added an exception to my antivirus for the whole CommitCRM folder, but it has not improved the slow down. We have four servers in the office. One is the main server (DC), one is a file server. The server used for CommitCRM has a separate domain. The only other thing the CommitCRM server is used for is a network monitoring program, but I don't think a network monitoring program should slow down CommitCRM like that. I do have my shortcut set to the IP address instead of a UNC or mapped drive. I am running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and the server CommitCRM is on is Server 2003 R2 if that helps.

October 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Support Team

@shibuminet. Thank you for providing the information, however, this does not help us much except that we understand that you've tried the recommendations we listed above. It seems like something is interrupting, maybe the monitoring program, maybe the mix of servers and networks, something... Maybe you should try moving RangerMSP to another server and see if that helps. Please contact us directly for information about moving it to another server.

Thanks,
Dina