RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 11th, 2011, 09:23 PM
hellfrix

hello

I would like to know if is it possible to downgrade version 5.6 to 5.5. Because 5.6 version is very slow.

I hope when 5.7 version is released it will be more faster than version 5.6

Thank you

Last edited by hellfrix : October 11th, 2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: edit message

October 12th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Actually RangerMSP 5.604 should be faster than any previous release and the feedback we've received so far is accordingly (we have received a few similar reports that have resolved). Therefore I recommend that you check the following:

Please verify that in your Anti Virus programs on ALL PCs + the Server you white-list the entire RangerMSP server folder including all sub-folders and files and completed exclude them from any antivirus checks. Again, this should be configured on All machines.

Remember that RangerMSP is not installed on the client PCs, all you have is a desktop shortcut to a file on the server.
I say this because except for the Anti-Virus there aren't many other things to check as, again, RangerMSP is not installed on the PCs.

Another thing to check is to modify the desktop shortcut from a drive letter or UNC with a server name into an IP address path:
\\your-server-local-network-ip\RangerMSP\Client\RangerMSP.exe
This will bypass DNS delays.

As for your question - while I wouldn't recommend it it's possible - In case you you to restore to he previous version rename your current RangerMSP folder (after closing all running clients and sever side related services, if any) and restore the Entire RangerMSP folder tree from a recent server files backup you have (do not restore from a data backup only as this will not work).

Thanks,
Dina