RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Community Sharing Center > Reports
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

August 11th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Obeux1

Hi,

I would create a report based on the location of the active tickets.
As the City field is available on the Account item, I would copy the value of this field from the Account to the ticket automatically when I create a Ticket.
How can I do that?
Thanks

August 11th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

There isn't currently a way to copy the Account City field to Ticket details although you can use the Account Region Code (from the Address tab under Accounts) which can be added to Ticket Reports. The Region Code is copied to the Ticket and there is a batch update function under Tickets > Tools > Refresh Account Region Code for All Listed Tickets.

Also what you can do is filter Ticket Reports by the City when generating them. To do that just click the Expand button on the report options popup, then select Secondary Filter (Advanced) and then on the Tickets: Account line click the Filter button and select Account: City | Equals and then enter the city or select it from the list.

Hope this helps.

August 11th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Obeux1

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Region code could work, but:

1. We have some customer (Account) with more addresses, so ticket can be in different region. I can use the filter option but can`t find the copied region code on the ticket, so I can`t change when I create a ticket for a different region.

2. The best region code would be the ZIP code, as no other code system in place for that. Any option to sync ZIP and Region code fields?

Any further suggestion to implement this function?

August 12th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Support Team

Region code can be found under Ticket General Tab under Account field (right from Contact name), however it is a read-only field that is filled on Ticket creation and cannot be edited manually.
ZIP and Region code cannot be synced.

What if you will try use the Ticket Labels feature instead of Region Code?
Default Labels for Tickets can be set at the Account and/or Secondary Contact levels (coming soon in RangerMSP 8.0) and then they are automatically applied to Tickets for these Accounts/Contacts.

You can then filter the Tickets list by a selected Label as well as filter reports by it.

I recommend that you give it a try see how it goes.