RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM
rodder

How can I get the Technician Service Form to show the time and date that the appointment is set for? Right now it shows the time and date that the ticket was created. Which is a waste to me, I need it to show a time and date that they should be onsite at that job. So all I have to do is print out the service form, and hand it to the techs, and they got there jobs for the day.

Mike

February 13th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Support Team

Viewing the Ticket's related Appointment is tricky since you may have more than a single Appointment linked to the Ticket. You can consider two ways to do this:

1. A simple way is to customize you Technician Service Form, and add to it the Calendar fields. When adding a new field to the report (you can read instructions for on our FAQ > Customization), you should select the Calendar – Date, Calendar – Time: Start, Calendar Time: End fields in the fields list.

This will display the date, start time and end time for the first Appointment/Task the system finds for this Ticket. So if you have more than one Appointment/Task for the Ticket, it will still display the first one it finds (usually the first one which was added to the database). If you usually have only one Appointment per Ticket, this may work fine for you. If you want to take care of situations where you have more than one Appointment per Ticket, see option #2 below.

2. If you wish to view all of the Appointment/Tasks you have scheduled for this Ticket, you should add a new section to the report, which will contain a list of pending Tasks/Appointments for this Ticket. You can see an example for this in the Expanded Ticket Details report.

To add the new section:
a) Open the Report Designer window
b) Create a new Group in the area you wish to add the Appointments list (Go to Report > Groups > Add). Expand the group so you will have room to put the new data.
c) Add a new "sub-report" by clicking the SubReport icon on the toolbar, and locate it in the new group area
d) You should now see a new tab at the bottom part on the designer window, which contains the new sub report. Click the new tab SubReport1.
e) You should now select the Data Source for this SubReport - go to Report > Data, and in the Master Data Pipeline, select DatREventsDp. This will set the Sub Report to use the Calendar as the main data source.
f) In the Details area of the Sub Report, add the Calendar fields (same fields mentioned in option #1). Note that this line will be displayed for each Appointment/Task.
g) You can also add a Title in the Title area, for this sub-report.

Try to generate it and see how it goes.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

February 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM
rodder

Thanks I will give thot a shot later today. I also have another problem which will probably be just a setup issue.

I had my client list in Outlook, and transfered it toCommitCRM. When I print the Technician Service Form, no phone number shows up. In outlook the phone number is on the HOME tab, and in commint if you look at the account, it shows as phone number 4. So I am figuring only phone number 1 shows on the form. Which some clients have business numbers, how can I get it to print both out? Or any numbers the clients have?

Thanks for all the help

Mike

February 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Support Team

When you sync with Outlook, each phone number (phone 1-4) in RangerMSP is set according to the phone category in Outlook. Generally, the "main" categories, which will go to phone 1-2 are business, mobile, etc. Other categories, which are less business-oriented, such as home, home2. etc. will go to phone 3-4.

You can approach this in two ways:
1. You can change the category in Outlook from Home to Business. This will move the phone to Phone1 on your next sync.
2. If you want to keep the category as home, then you can customize the Service Form and add the additional phone numbers to the Service Forms. to customize the report, first copy it, and then click the Design button. You can then add more fields, such as "Ticket - Account: Phone 4".

HTH

Doron