RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 20th, 2008, 09:03 AM
JohnB66

I was just wondering if there is the ability to setup bin numbers for computer systems that are in the shop and associated with a ticket. The way our web-based ticket system works now, it will keep track of which bins are available and those that are taken. This makes it much easier to find our customer's system in the shop.

Thanks!

February 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Support Team

I believe you can achieve this functionality by utilizing an existing Ticket field which you do not need (such as Category or Cause), and use it for assigning bin numbers. You can rename the field to reflect the usage, such as "bin number" (right-click the field name and select Field Settings), and you can also edit the possible values list, so it will contain the available bin numbers.

When you receive a customer's system you can assign it with a bin number from the list. To view which bins are available, you can sort the Tickets list by the bin number column, and check which bin is available.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

February 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
JohnB66

Thanks for the Reply, Sherry!

This some what helps, but management of this solution would be a nightmare. Currently we have a system that has a pool of 80 bins. Once a system is signed in, we can assign it a free bin from a list, used bins are not displayed. When we set the customer's ticket from "ready" to "picked up", that bin is then released and available for use again. The solution that you suggested would require quite a bit of leg work for the sales people and lead to confusion in our environment.

This issue is possibly the only thing keeping my company from investing in CommitCRM CRM. Is there a possibility of a feature like this being added in future releases?

Thanks again for your help,

John Berry
YLCS
Katy, Texas

February 20th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Support Team

John, I can see how it can be helpful. I already logged this into our system as a feature suggestion, however, I cannot say if and when it will be implemented. We try to prioritize according to the popularity of a request, as we try to develop features that will make most of our users happy first. In case this becomes a popular request I have no doubt that it will be implemented.

Sherry