RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Budman

Our company uses a shared Outlook calendar that has appointments from all employees on it. Is there a way to sync multiple employee schedules from the CommitCRM Dispatcher to one calendar? I thought a possible way would be to use the Shared calendar in the CommitCRM Dispatcher but I cannot find a way to sync that with Outlook.

Thanks,
Budman

February 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
Support Team

Hi budman,

Outlook is based on personal calendar information, and therefore each RangerMSP user syncs with their own Outlook folder (and if you use Exchange you can have one users sync for other users). The shared calendar in RangerMSP can be synced with Outlook, however new appointments in Outlook will be synced into RangerMSP for the user who syncs with this Outlook folder and not as shared.

The best practice would be that each user sync their calendar data in RangerMSP with their own Outlook folder, and everyone will use RangerMSP calendar to view and manage all users calendar information. In RangerMSP, you can easily view all users' appointments in the calendar by selecting the users you wish to view.

HTH

Eitan

February 23rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Budman

Well, since that is the only option, I'm configuring a public folder calendar for each person and syncing to that. We currently remotely access the shared calendar through OWA and I don't think the web interface for CommitCRM will be an acceptable replacement for that for everyone involved.

How would I configure CommitCRM to sync the shared calendar? I might give that a try and see if it will work for us.

Thanks,
Budman

February 23rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Support Team

To configure RangerMSP to sync the shared calendar you should go to Tools > Options > Outlook > Appointments and check the Synchronize Shared Appointments in RangerMSP with Outlook option.

Eitan