RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

February 27th, 2018, 07:41 AM
tdr.css

I use hotkeys all the time to create tickets and perform various functions in CommitCRM. I've noticed about once every 2 hours a modifier key gets 'stuck', specifically and only in CommitCRM. The key is not physically pressed down and other apps respect that the key is not pressed down, but in CommitCRM I'll have to start tapping my Control or Alt keys to get the modifier to work (and stop processing hotkeys when I type).

I originally thought this might be related to my keyboard (Thinkpad USB keyboard), but my bosses keyboard (Lenovo, standard keyboard that comes with newer models) does the same thing.

Does anyone else have this issue or have a remedy for it? Is it a bug in CommitCRM?

February 27th, 2018, 08:30 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. We are not familiar with such behavior and will check this out. In case you manage to discover a scenario that we can try to follow to reproduce this - please let us know.

June 13th, 2018, 10:21 AM
tdr.css

We found a way to reproduce this.

- Open word or any other application than Commit
- Open Commit and open charges (or something other than tickets).
- Alt+Tab to the other window
- Mouse click back to Commit
- Press Ctrl+t: this will open tickets instead of a timer, because the Alt key is stuck

I believe this is because the Alt key is not getting a release when Alt+tab away from it.

Tyler
https://cssi.us

June 13th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Support Team

Thank you! We will review it.

June 14th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Support Team

We have tried the above scenario as well as other similar scenario and could not reproduce this in our lab on various machines.

We suspect that it maybe related to some additional on your PC/Settings/etc.

In any case, feedback noted and we plan to try to reproduce it further.

June 14th, 2018, 07:45 AM
tdr.css

I was definitely able to reproduce this on another PC.

Please try it with a timer running.

- Open word or any other application than CommitCRM
- Open CommitCRM and open charges (or something other than tickets)
- Press Ctrl+t or click teh timer
- Alt+Tab to the other window
- Mouse click back to CommitCRM (which should be in a charges where you left it)
- Press Ctrl+t: this will open tickets instead of a timer, because the Alt key is stuck

*this does not happen when you alt+tab back into CommitCRM

I'll PM you a video of it happening.

July 12th, 2018, 08:40 AM
tdr.css

Any updates on this?

July 12th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. I believe that we manage to reproduce it here under Windows 10 in some scenarios though do not know what might be causing this. Anyway, it's on the list for things to review, in case there's something that can be changed from our side I'm sure it'll get included in a future release. Hope this helps.

June 11th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Rob@ITNetworks

It's 2019 and I'm using CommitCRM 22.0.0.2 and this is still a frequent and annoying issue.

June 12th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Support Team

Thank you for following up.

Yes, we have further reviewed this but unfortunately so far we couldn't have identified what might be causing it either in RangerMSP or externally. Also, we have not received any other reports on this from others. Hopefully people that face such an issue will post here and ideally share an exact scenario that can be reproduced on any machine. In case it only happens on specific machines but not others it may be related to something on the machine itself.

Hope this helps.