RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

December 9th, 2014, 06:27 AM
computersolutions

We have an issue with Outlook Auto respond. Our CommitCRM is set up to a create tickets automatically when emails come in but if someone besides the main contact emails in but the main contact has an auto respond setup CommitCRM emails them a ticket number then the auto response sends another. It stopped after creating 4 or 5 tickets but is there another way.

December 9th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Support Team

Such auto responses are recognized by RangerMSP as regular emails sent by customer therefore new tickets are created.

The way to solve this is to configure Automated Emails and define 'Detection Rules' and 'Skip Rules' with the exact same criteria/words.
For example: "Out of Office" or "Holiday reply" or "Automatic Reply" etc. (each as a separate rule!).

You do not need to define the sender email address. This way every email with one of the phrases listed above, mentioned in its in the subject will be skipped, not ticket will be created and the email will be forwarded to the mail address configured as the one for 'manual processing'.

Hope this helps.

June 13th, 2019, 04:53 PM
racassel

How does one become informed that the client is out of the office?
Can you provide a REGX rule that could identify identical tickets from the same sender, with the same subject line and send it to internal email or or ignore it?

Newer Outlook clients have an option to send one out-of-office reply to external recipients, but that needs to be setup on the clients end...We got hit today with the "Ticket Virus" from a client that uses Outlook 2003. Luckily I caught it shortly after 5PM and squelched it iin Exchange Admin. I am so thanful I could filter and batch-delete 36 tickets before having a thousand tomorrow morning.

That said, can you apply the same technology to BATCH DELETE APPOINTMENTS? Or at least provide a filter in the Appointments View to filter uncompleted or completed appointments?

June 14th, 2019, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thanks for posting and sharing this. You can add rules that will ignore some incoming emails using the Automated Email feature of the Email Connector. Look for Skip Rules. A batch delete of appointments isn't currently available. Noted. Thanks for asking.

September 9th, 2019, 04:39 PM
racassel

We have to know if the client is "out of the office", I setup a simple email forwarder at the mail-host to forward messages containing For example: "Out of Office" or "Holiday reply" or "Automatic Reply" etc. to our CommitCRM-Internal-Email address.