RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 10th, 2019, 09:14 AM
CraigYellick

I need to do database queries against XML structured notes fields, looking for specific field-value pairs. I'm successfully parsing the XML but am seeing odd data values where there are spaces padding both sides, and CDATA sections everywhere. Not a big deal but I need to know if the XML is always like this or is it possible things sometimes aren't padded with spaces.

Does Commit validate against the DTD?

<?commitcrmSTRUCTUREDNOTExml version="1.0" ?>

I figured out the ValuesList and ValueListKind coding and the A and V field types. There are probably other types I haven't seen yet.

Any documentation of what to expect in the XML?

-- Craig

July 10th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Support Team

The content of this field isn't officially documented as it is normally used internally and isn't exposed to others.
True though, you can "hack" it and SQL-query it when accessing the database directly for read-only purposes.
I guess that you need to execute a two-sided trim in case you do not wish to receive starting and trailing spaces.

Hope this helps.

July 10th, 2019, 12:08 PM
CraigYellick

Thanks for the quick response. The structured notes are very useful and we'd love to see them in more types of data.

July 10th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Support Team

They definitely are. Noted. Thanks!