RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

December 30th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Lampson_sec

Is there a way (via ODBC) to query the tables to verify which assets have passwords linked to them?

I know the passwords themselves cannot be queried (which makes sense for security), but I'd like to be able to validate which assets do (and do not) have a password stored within CommitCRM.

Thanks!

December 30th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking.

Anything related to passwords cannot be queried or access in any way, so this includes querying counts by Assets.
Unfortunately there is no work around this due to security reasons.

Hope this helps.

December 31st, 2019, 10:30 AM
Lampson_sec

Well, no it doesn't help! ;)

Can you take this as a feature request? I understand the security issues with password themselves, but metadata would be valuable for validation.

For instance: We could verify that passwords HAVE BEEN CREATED for certain types/categories of assets per our requirements. The only option we have now is manual (which is not practical at all, and subject to all kinds of human error) - or using a different vendors' password manager (most on the market have API functionality, so we could accomplish this) but I would prefer to keep using the CommitCRM integrated solution.

Thanks!

December 31st, 2019, 10:59 AM
Support Team

Thanks. Feedback noted.