RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 12th, 2010, 03:18 PM
neuroncs

I haven't done too much digging around so I apologize if this topic has been brought up before either in the CommitCRM docs or this forum.

Basically what I want to do is be able to follow up on clients automatically. I was hoping the Email Alerts Server had this capability but according to the docs it doesn't appear to do anything like what I'm hoping to do.

An example workflow would be:
Create ticket > write ticket details > schedule it > perform the service > write resolution details > create charges > create automatic follow-up that sends an email to the client asking if their service on so-and-so date and time was completed satisfactorily (using the resolution details to remind them of the service performed) and if they need anything else > close the ticket.

The follow-up would basically send out an email after a specified amount of time.

Any help and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

November 12th, 2010, 05:18 PM
lpopejoy

That's exactly what the Alerts server does (or at least one part) - that's what we use it for. I forget the exact steps, but I'm sure CommitCRM Support can help you!

November 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM
neuroncs

Thanks for the reply lpopejoy. I will be sure to do more research into the Alerts Server and get that going. It's been a slow process for me, between being super busy handling service calls and doing admin stuff (i'm a one-man show atm). At least I will be going in the right direction!