RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 30th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Easy I.T.

Hi there,

We want to be able to send users a link to a knowledgebase article and let them be able to view it without logging in. Most of our users don’t have CommitCRM Web accounts and we don’t want to have to create them either.

I also think if they have to log in it is another step that they will have to take and be less likely to view it. (We are trying to make things nice and simple)

Is there any way we can make knowledge base articles publically available without users having to log in ?

Also the ability to have links within the article is needed - I.e Point to download site or MS knowledgebase article etc. Can this be done?

Cheers,
Jeremy

October 1st, 2008, 08:24 AM
Support Team

Hi,

The KB articles are currently available only for customers who are logged into the system. I understand the reasoning in what you say, and I logged this for further consideration in the future. I sure can see how making the access to the articles easier for customers will help encourage them to use it.

As for links in the text - this is already available! All you need to do is add a link in the article text (e.g. http://support.microsoft.com/...), and this will be linkable when viewing the article via the application or the Web Interface.

Ethan

October 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
AeonixTech

Suggestion: Add a box to tag KB articles as 'public'.

October 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion - actually, you can already use the articles 'public' flag, which tells the system whether this article should be public to customers or not. Customers which are logged into the Web Interface, can then view only 'public' articles in the KB Articles tab in their browser. This still requires that they will be logged into the Web Interface in order to view these articles, as mentioned in the previous post.

Ethan

October 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
AeonixTech

Ah ok - that was part of my next question. We do not intend to give our customers free support, so we prefer they login to view anyways :)

Thanks!