RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
FunctionOne

When we send emails into CommitCRM to auto-generate tickets - CommitCRM has this nice feature of storing the original email - including attachments - so that the email itself can be reviewed.

The problem with this feature is that CommitCRM has chosen to save these emals in the .eml file format which is only compatible with Outlook Express or Vista Mail.

I would like to propose that this file format be changed to .msg which is compatible with Outlook proper (which I would posit is most likely the version everyone here is using). This would give us the benefit of being able to actually open and initiate correspondence from right within the ticket.

If you must maintain the .eml format - add this as an option - let users choose the default mail format.

October 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for your comments and feedback. I understand what you're saying, however, this is a technical limitation due to the way the Outlook .msg files are implemented and how its format is designed. The Email Connector pulls the incoming emails in a standard email format which is the way the mail server protocol provides for pulling the emails and this is a generic and industry-standard format which allows working with any type of mail server and email implementations.
The Outlook .msg format is a proprietary format that also changes between Outlook editions and due to these reasons we cannot support this format.

I hope this makes the solution clearer. I believe you may usually open the email with your Vista mail, and start the thread from there, while continuing to use your Outlook for the other emails on this thread.

Doron