RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

May 19th, 2017, 05:29 PM
stephan

Any chance we could get CommitCRM to LDAP customer directories for signon?

May 22nd, 2017, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Do you mean allowing Web portal access to your RangerMSP based on each customer AD? If so this is interesting though we're not sure if/when such an option be available. Thank you for asking.

June 10th, 2017, 04:35 PM
stephan

Yes, it would be much easier if we could just LDAP the customers AD(s) for CommitCRM User Logins..

May 25th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Lampson_sec

FYI - we are developing an interface between clients' directories and CommitCRM

At its core we have a synchronization from the client source (our hosted multi-tenant AD, on-prem/private cloud AD, and/or Office365/Azure), via a secure web-api we are syncing this with a SQL data warehouse, and then synchronizing this with CommitCRM (via the CommitCRM API).

We are also deploying a sharepoint-online site for our clients to authorize adding/removing clients from their environment which will also interface with tickets (pending approval, approved etc).

The goals for this is to solve several problems:
1) managed users/mailboxes as seen by O365 and/or AD
2) Keep contact information up-to-date
3) also synch other assets like computers/servers with CommitCRM assets
4) Office 365 and Azure license usage (for accurate CSP billing)
5) Provide analytics to our customers for their usage and consumption

longer-term goals are to then take that data and update CommitCRM contracts so the numbers/counts are accurate for monthly billing (push from CommitCRM to QB, and have some confidence that the numbers are accurate).

Would love to start a dialog with other CommitCRM customers to perhaps provide this system for other MSPs...

May 26th, 2018, 10:55 AM
tfreitas

I would be interested in helping get this piece developed and tested. Let me know if you guys need any help!

May 27th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Blueplanet

We would also be intrested in this.

May 31st, 2018, 11:07 AM
kelvinb

Interesting indeed.

June 28th, 2018, 05:00 AM
adent-ctc

It is for these types of use cases that we developed our SOAP Server for CommitCRM.
It is a WCF .NET application.
So theoretically anything that can be done with WCF .NET we could add in support for.
Currently we only support a single username / password combination.
But multiple username / password combinations is in the future roadmap.
Integration with AD is something that should be possible.

Also the goal is that any language that can be a WCF or SOAP client can now read data from CommitCRM with our SOAP server.
We have sample code written in Java, C# and Perl on our website.
https://dentaur.com.au/it-solutions/...for-commitcrm/

Kind regards

Andrew Dent
Dentaur Pty Ltd

March 21st, 2020, 08:34 AM
nattivillin

Is this a thing? Can we synchronize CommitCRM with AD?

March 22nd, 2020, 07:51 PM
Lampson_sec

We are in active testing now of synchronizing ad and O365 into CommitCRM contacts. We are also storing info in the notes fields about what plans/skus a contact is subscribed to.. I'll have my colleague post some details.

March 28th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Lampson_sec

I would call us in Alpha stages, but ultimately here's what our system is capable of today:

CommitCRM sync with Microsoft SQL data warehouse
Data collector (Powershell that runs at client location) for Microsoft AD and VMware
Data collector (central runs at MSP) support for Office365, Auvik, and Barracuda Managed Workplace

Scorecards for employees: Track time reporting, ticket statistics
Queue system for syncing Assets (currently supports data from Auvik and/or Barracuda Managed Workplace)
Queue system for syncing contacts (currenty from Microsoft AD and/or Office365)
Tagging utility allows you to tag contacts/assets to assign them contracts and skus (data stored in CommitCRM)

JSON based WebAPI for CommitCRM (Tickets, Contacts, Accounts)

I also have another project (not connected with these tools) that imports CommitCRM data into a Knowledge Graph
leveraging a Neo4j database that allows us to more easily perform complex queries and analysis on tickets, charges, etc. It allso allows us to run
exception reporting and validation. We also do some ticket automation between check_mk and CommitCRM
The graph system collects from the following data sources:
AD,DNS,Vmware,CommitCRM,ManagedWorkplace,check_mk, Auvik,Mailprotector,Datto,Veeam,Dropsuite,knowbe4
Here's a little background on how I'm integrating Veeam Data to validate our clients' backups:
https://blog.graphcommit.com/2019/11...graph-via.html

I would like to schedule a conference call to discuss a small group of test users.
Because we don't have an elegant packaged installation of this yet, any early test users would need
more technical skills (comfortable with Microsft SQL Server for example).

If you'd like to be invited to a disucssion & demo of these tools please fill this Form, and we will get an invite out
to interested parties. We will do a demo to show what capabilities we have today, and determine interest
in a small test group to try it out, and solicit some feedback/suggestions for improvements.
CommitCRM: if you'd like to participate we welcome your participation.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Respo...FRNExKSEdTUy4u

Here's a few screenshots of the tools: