RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 23rd, 2020, 07:54 AM
nattivillin

Seems something isn't working right.

I was sent a ticket message from a team member through history>Message. The message arrived as an email.

I responded to the email, and the customer then asked why was he getting this message.

What went wrong here? Why would the ticket recipient be copied on an internal message?

March 23rd, 2020, 08:52 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

In case a Ticket number was listed as part of the email subject line then the scenario you described is valid.

The email about the internal email is a part of email alerts that are sent about various updates in the system.
Replying to such emails, especially when the Ticket number exists on the subject line, will result in processing the email as an employee response (i.e. the message came from an employee and it has a ticket #) and will get distributed to all Ticket recipients - external (customer) and internal (employees).

You could prevent the email being distributed to the customer by always adding a fixed keyword *123* to the subject line - this way the email will be forced to processed as an internal reply and will be sent only to employee recipients listed on the ticket.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

March 23rd, 2020, 11:11 AM
nattivillin

The subject line is: RE: CommitCRM Message - New (2 Standard) [Ticket 0500-17846, RI94]

Since the subject has a ticket number, customers have always received copies of messages. This is unfortunate...

Is there a way to modify the template used for messages and remove the ticket number or add a Keyword?

I suspect users (myself included) will often forget to use a keyword.

Feature Request - if a message is sent that only includes tech's, the temple should automatically be changed where it doesn't have a ticket number so it's marked internal. If we didn't include the customer, it is probably not for them (internal).

March 23rd, 2020, 12:40 PM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The templates used for sending email alerts are fixed/hard-coded and cannot be changed.

We have already logged this case and the change will be considered.

Please use the 123 trick as explained above.

Thanks.

March 31st, 2020, 08:11 AM
nattivillin

Remembering to put *123* isn't working for us.

Can we disable email notifications for notes? We will use just the CommitCRM popup.

March 31st, 2020, 08:35 AM
Support Team

Sure, email alerts for internal messages (based on what you described above this it the email alert that you receive) can be turned off by each user under Tools > Options > Alerts tab.

Hope this helps.

March 31st, 2020, 09:09 AM
nattivillin

Is there a way to turn it off for everyone?

March 31st, 2020, 09:55 AM
Support Team

These are personal settings, alerting preferences, and each user should log in with their credentials in order to select their preferences.

Hope this helps.