RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 12th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Paul Miller

We received the following enquiry from a client who is using the CommitCRM Web Interface;

Does CommitCRM not send out emails with changes in tickets like the old system used to?

Are there any other features that allow the client to query the status of tickets from the web interface?

June 12th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Support Team

When a customer updates a ticket or adds a new ticket, you can set the system to send an email notification to a predefined list of emails. You can see instructions for this in the web interface installation instructions, under Receiving Email Alerts section. This behavior is part of the web interface installation and works the same as it used to.

As for the customers - when using the Email Connector module, this automatically creates tickets out of incoming clients emails. It also allows you to define an automatic email reply which is sent to the customer when the ticket is opened. You can also send emails from within RangerMSP by clicking the email icon in the Ticket window, which will automatically copy the ticket information into the email. This way you can let them know when the ticket is closed.

Also, as you mentioned, they can login to the web interface, and view the status of tickets, contracts, assets, charges, etc. You can also prepare and send them a periodic status report from within the application when needed.

HTH

Sherry

June 23rd, 2008, 02:41 AM
Paul Miller

Hi Sherry

Thanks for your response. You mention "When a client updates or adds a new ticket you can set the system to send an e-mail notification". We will set the e-mail notification up for the client as soon as possible, but they find the updating of tickets problematic compared to the product we just phased out (Cerberus). We are relatively new users and are not sure if we are using the system optimally, given the following mail we received:

" I have been using the CommitCRM system to open and update tickets but I find it very cumbersome and user-unfriendly.

Look at this ticket as example:

I sent this in via email
Then I edited it later by asking if it was completed - note I have to put the date in because I wont know later when I edited it . The system does not seem to handle issue trails at all.
If I want to insert new comments or instruction I have to do it in the Description block. The system lacks a discussion block.

Phillip put in a resolution - but when was this edited? - this is especially confusing after many resolutions are added - I dont even know who put in the resolution - It could be someone else for all I know.
Also, I cannot edit this closed ticket anymore - so if I dont agree with the closure I now have to open a new ticket.

The lack of email response on ticket updates is also a problem. The old system would email me with any updates on responses.

A support desk system should be to the benefit of the client and the service provider and I understand that this system is a step forward for your office and much better than the previous one.
But it's a step backwards for me.

Derek"

If you have any advice that would help, it would be appreciated.

Regards
Paul

June 23rd, 2008, 06:14 AM
Easy I.T.

We have also moved from Cerberus, and having the same problems you are Paul.

It would be good to have the ticket system where you could see the history of events/updates within the ticket, and have an option for each event or entry - that it automatically sends an email/notifies the client.

Cheers,
Jeremy

June 23rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Support Team

Hi guys, thanks for the additional feedback.

The Customer's Web Interface allows your customers to easily add new tickets: click New Ticket in the main Tickets window, then type in the description, and click Save.
They can also view all Tickets (open and closed), and update them.

Important:
The best way to perform updates in tickets and keep track of them (by you or your customers) is by using History Notes rather than editing the Ticket's description.

Technicians and customer can add new history notes.

When adding a History Note, the system automatically keeps the date and time (so you do not need to add it manually), when the note was added, you can view all the updates in the history tab (in the application and via the web interface, both for employees and customers). This helps you keep good track of any updates performed on the Ticket.

Using History Notes you actually have a discussion with all technicians and the customer on a specific ticket.

Note that you can also check who performed the last update for a Ticket in the Ticket's Notes tab, at the bottom part, where it says Created, and Updated

--

As for email response on tickets updates, the system does provide email alerts for technicians on any tickets updates. The email alerts can be used via the Alerts Server, where you can define for which events you wish to receive alerts. You can also use the simpler email alerts (as mentioned in the previous post), which sends an email to a list of recipients (your technicians), so they will be notified for any new ticket/ticket update performed by the customers via the web interface.

--

The Customer's Web Interface is quite easy to use, and provides all of the required tools and information clients need. I hope clarifying the history notes usage and how to add new tickets will help, and that your clients will find this tool helpful as most of our users report.

Please note that we do plan to add enhanced alerts to customers in a future release. Thanks for the great feedback.

I hope this helps.

Sherry