RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 6th, 2016, 10:08 AM
dcstek

I have been dealing with a performance issue that really is bad in the Dispatcher. I have whitelisted in the AV and MBAM. I have migrated it from the server to a different one with no change, moved it back. The server it resides on is a VM (server 2012R2, host and Guest OS's. RAID5 for the VM Storage). I have not upgraded to the SQL version and we are small enough that we shouldn't have to yet. We are on ticket # 0500-12062. Opening tickets is ok, creating new ones is slow but the dispatcher is the worst by far. 10 to 15 seconds wait before we can continue in the program.
Is there anything that can be done to help in the performance issue?

July 6th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting. SQL is definitely recommended regardless of the size of your business, besides a performance boost it also introduce other benefits like taking live backups (e.g. while the system is in use) and automating it, connecting remotely, it makes RangerMSP more robust, less prone to errors, etc. With 12,000 tickets it is definitely something to consider, some use it with fewer users and a fewer number of tickets simply for the SQL benefits. In any case, something that you should try is white-listing the entire RangerMSP folder tree from your anti-virus scan - on the server itself and on each and every client PCs. Without SQL each client accesses all database files directly and separately and having anti-virus in the way might delay things.

Hope this helps.

August 17th, 2016, 07:45 AM
dcstek

I just wanted to report that although I was skeptical about the performance increase by going SQL, after our upgrade to the SQL version we could not be more pleased! Highly recommended for any size company!

August 17th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Support Team

Thank you :-)

August 20th, 2016, 12:45 PM
nattivillin

+1 SQL, worth every penny.