RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 14th, 2016, 08:05 AM
dcstek

I must be missing something... I setup the live backups to run in task scheduler but they fail each time. I can run the command line - S:\CommitCRM\Utils\CommitBackup.exe CommitCRMLiveSQLBackup and it completed fine.
I have edited the CommitBackup.ini with the following:
ManualBackupSaveToFolder=\\XXX\Backups
LiveBackupSaveToFolder=\\XXX\Backups
CSDAdsFolder=C:\Program Files\Advantage 11.10\Server\
Task scheduler says-
Task Scheduler successfully finished "{d2e43e2d-a392-4ad7-b259-4427be4900a5}" instance of the "\CommitCRM Backups"
Then I get a message from commit that says-CommitCRM SQL live backup couldn't run because the folder defined to store backup files in CommitBackup.ini could not be found or is not accessible. Configure the LiveBackupSaveToFolder parameter in CommitBackup.ini and try again.
What am I missing??

September 14th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting. All involved folders and paths must be local ones to the server, unlike mapped drives or network based UNC paths. This is because when Windows Scheduler runs it it does not run under an interactive user session but rather in the background as a local process. So first - only use local paths for all settings. The other thing to verify is that you schedule it to run on the server itself, unlike a client PC (I believe that's the case actually).

Hope this helps.

September 14th, 2016, 10:17 AM
dcstek

That was it, I changed the backup location to the local server, updated the .ini file and tested the task scheduler. Thanks

September 16th, 2016, 06:14 PM
nattivillin

We use scsi targets to make safe backups to other servers, so CommitCRM thinks the path is local.