RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 4th, 2016, 11:40 AM
dcstek

I have Quickbooks Pro 2014 and have been working normally until I had to replace my workstation. After all software was installed, commitcrm and quickbooks I keep getting the following error: "Please close all applications, log off and log back in again as an administrator."
I am a domain admin and UAC is off. Please help

April 4th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Support Team

It's hard to tell exactly what's causing it and we may need review the log files to learn about the exact error code, in any case please try the following first:

Verify that RangerMSP and QuickBooks are using the exact same path for company file. So if one use a drive letter and the other UNC, even if both are pointing to the same file, QuickBooks consider them to be different.

Also note that in case the path contains mapped drive, I'd recommend to change it to UNC path in both applications.

In order to change the company file path in RangerMSP you should go to Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab > click 'Change Company' button > follow the wizard and select 'the SAME company file in another location' when prompted.

Hope this helps.

April 4th, 2016, 12:34 PM
dcstek

The CommitCRM path is UNC but the QB was mapped drive. I changed it so both are UNC.
I need to add that my office manager has no issues nor does she get the same error, it works fine.

April 4th, 2016, 12:54 PM
dcstek

UPDATE:
After a reboot, I still get the same error.
When trying to set the path in options/quickbooks I also get the error. Any help will be appreciated.

April 4th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Support Team

Thank you for the update. As it worked it means that this is indeed the root cause here. Please verify again how QuickBooks accesses the company file versus how RangerMSP is. If needed email us the screenshot, but it should work. Thanks!

April 4th, 2016, 01:37 PM
dcstek

I will email support with screenshots.

April 4th, 2016, 02:33 PM
dcstek

I fixed it myself after running the file QBFC7_0Installer in the \CommitCRM\ThirdParty\QuickBooks
Thanks for the help