RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM
raymond

we have discovered that contacts with a status of "not active" are still being sync-ed (replicated) to outlook. Contacts flagged ad "not active" need to be removed from the sync process entirely and actually need to be deleted at the outlook level (that's the whole purpose of marking them as "not active").

thanks!

//ray

June 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Support Team

Noted, this is the case and it is on purpose. What you say is clear and we will evaluate it. Thanks.

December 1st, 2016, 11:44 AM
computerphysicians

I too am looking for a way to not sync inactive accounts with Outlook. Has a solution been found for this?

December 1st, 2016, 12:04 PM
Support Team

We evaluated this in the past and decided not to change it for the time being. Inactive contacts can become active at any time and at that time they will get synced with Outlook, except that their data is old and probably more accurate and updated in Outlook, and this means that they might overwrite it. Some of these contacts belong to Active Accounts and this introduce other possible sync scenarios. So, long story short, at this time it syncs all Contacts with Outlook. Thanks for following up and asking.

December 8th, 2016, 01:08 PM
computerphysicians

After 17+ years of service there are many customers that I do not need or want there contact info in my Outlook. That said there are a few hundred that I need to keep up to date so disabling the sync is not an option. We need another control mechanism for Contact Sync as I have 5000+ old contacts in my Outlook that are originating form CommitCRM that I do not want.

December 8th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Support Team

Thank you for providing the additional feedback.

January 20th, 2020, 10:05 PM
Rob@ITNetworks

This is quite an old post - I'll probably be disappointed to learn this is still the position of CommitCRM.

Inactive contacts should not sync and they should be removed from Outlook.

What process did you follow when you "evaluated" this in the past? I would be very interested to know what your justification was because I can't think of one.

I would expect that 99% of contacts set to "inactive" are never set to active again and are only maintained to preserve database integrity.

On the exceedingly rare occasion someone returns to a role they've left - you'd simply change their details from inactive to active and update their contact details (if they have changed) and they will then sync again.

January 20th, 2020, 11:36 PM
aaspeer

I am still all for having inactive contacts not in outlook. We have employees that haven't been with client offices for 15+ years that are inactive in CommitCRM, but still in outlook. Its a data nightmare - especially when running things like mailing lists. This needs to be resolved, maybe a new status "Inactive - No Sync" that leaves old data in CommitCRM where it belongs.

January 21st, 2020, 07:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for following up on this. The requirement is clear and will be reevaluated. Thanks.

January 21st, 2020, 08:54 AM
Blueplanet

can we also add a +1 to this, "Inactive" accounts should not sync. but if made active they re sync

January 28th, 2020, 07:36 AM
AN-Tech

This is one of the reasons that I do not sync contacts to Outlook. It's an instance of a minor thing that makes a potentially useful feature of CommitCRM unusable.

March 3rd, 2020, 03:10 PM
computerphysicians

still +1 "Inactive" accounts should not sync

April 28th, 2020, 08:44 AM
adent-ctc

Agree.
Inactive accounts should not sync to Outlook.