RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

May 15th, 2020, 07:24 PM
nattivillin

Apparently I am supposed to use the instructions i received a decade ago to reinstall SQL. I have to admit, i no longer have that email...

Where can i find the SQL instructions we can use today (5/15/20) so i can move CommitCRM off our dying 2012 server?

May 18th, 2020, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. For reference - we email the relevant instructions and keys to you over the weekend.

May 22nd, 2020, 09:57 PM
nattivillin

Got them thanks!

May 29th, 2020, 12:28 PM
nattivillin

Now that the server has been moved, the document paths no longer worked. I assumed the paths were relative, since no server lasts forever.

Now get an error on most document that say \\servername\commitcrm\docs\ does not exist

Commit is in the same location on the new server c:\commitcrm. How do we update all the paths to the new server?

May 29th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Support Team

Please follow these instructions and download the utility to change the documents path.

Please take a backup prior to using it as it runs batch-updates.

Hope this helps.

June 11th, 2020, 05:58 PM
nattivillin

Do we need to reboot the server afterwards? After running the utility, we still get messages like

"Original email could not be found \\oldservercommitcrm\docs\emails\ticket\0600-16-11.eml"

June 12th, 2020, 05:47 AM
Support Team

This path refers to the store folder configured for Email Connector.

Please run the \Server\ServerConfig.exe utility > go to the Email Connector tab > click Advanced Options* > under the Store Folder section change the 'Path for client PCs...' - as explained here.

After the change please restart the client application and test again.

Hope this helps.