RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

May 26th, 2020, 08:00 AM
ak47uk

I just tried to search a partial product key using the global search with all options ticked in the right bar. There were no results returned after performing an all time search but when I manually went to the clients assets and opened the licence, the product key was listed in the Asset "Keys" details.

Why is this not returned in search results? I'm sure it used to work so it looks like this may be something that changed with the latest version. It is important as it makes looking up licences easier so I can see which asset the licence is in use on.

Thanks

May 26th, 2020, 08:38 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The fields Codes/Keys/Notes located under the Asset License tab are not currently a part of the Global Search. We will take a note on this.

You can already search for them by using the search option in the Assets window itself:

Hope this helps.

May 26th, 2020, 09:28 AM
ak47uk

Ok thanks, will this area be added to the global search? I was under the impression that global search covered all areas and could be used if a targeted search wasn't yielding results.

Thanks

May 26th, 2020, 09:45 AM
Support Team

The Global Search support searching within plenty of fields and areas, however for performance reasons not all fields are covered. The request is clear and will be considered. Thanks.