RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business

January 13th, 2013, 11:02 PM
natrat

hi guys,

What do you do to remind yourself about recurring billable items for clients? Things like yearly/bi yearly anti-virus renewals, managed backup renewals etc.

I still can't find a neat way in CommitCRM to do this, apart from manually entering a bill for a few years ahead, but its still all manual and it isn't really a reminder as such, nor completly useful as the pricing may change year to year.

I also want the reminders easily visible by all staff so someone can have a job to action them.

I could use Outlook too i guess with a global shared calendar, but there must be something elegant. something that you can log all these renewals in, with their renewal period, and it emails when due?

cheers
nathan

January 14th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. You should consider using recurring Tasks. Add a recurring task under your customer account or asset and set the details regarding the charge in it. Then, when the task is due right click it and select the option to convert it into a Charge - all details will automatically be copied to the newly created Charge including the link to the customer account that new charge is added under. Review the details, update what's needed, like selecting the item for the Charge and you're done. While this is not exactly what you wanted, I believe that it is very close.

HTH

January 14th, 2013, 06:26 AM
natrat

thanks, but how do the reminders work? I set one to test but i didnt get any pop up or anything. Or do i need to pulla manual report every so often to see tasks coming up?

January 14th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Support Team

For each Task you can configure up to two popup reminders that will pop for the user being assigned for the Task. Please review the reminder check-boxes near the date/time of the Task.

Besides, when you open the Caledar/Dispatcher Window you have the option to navigate to the Tasks tab. This will show you all of the Tasks from all Accounts and Tickets in one unified list. For each Task you'll get to see different details including its Due Date. Right clicking it lets you convert it into a Charge.

March 27th, 2013, 04:12 AM
pops1000uk

We use cloud accounting and direct debit. http://gocardless.com for direct debit and www.quickfile.co.uk for recurring payments (UK BASED)